What's new

Big problems with Vaping: Allergies and dry mouth

iMatrix7

Initiate
Hello,
I'm relatively new to vaping (6/7 months but intermittent for a period, long story), so I really need your help.

I've a Sub Ohm device, and I currently vape 70% VG / 30% PG, with 0.6mg nicotine (since not so long). I really like the experience, the taste is good and everything, but I had to major problems:

1) Allergies: I can't breaaathe! My nose (especially at evening) is constantly half or fully closed, and I'm trying to understand if it's the nicotine or the VG/PG. I had the same problem with tobacco, but still I'm not sure it's nicotine. I'll try anyway soon to vape without nicotine for a day or two (if I resist... won't be that easy probably xD). I'm also getting infections in my nose (nothing serious.. little things) occasionally. Not always, but it could be related to the same thing I guess. I tried salt nicotine, and it seems a bit better but there is a strong chance I could be wrong. Either way the problem persists.

2) Dry Mouth: It doesn't matter how much I drink (I'm drinking a lot).. I really feel terrible sometimes in my throat and the lips are very dry. Again, it doesn't happen always but it probably depends on how much I vape in the day.

I vape I think too much at the moment (I'm really into it at the moment, I've to be honest) and I'm able to finish 10/12ml a day easily (my sub ohm device literally drinks juice like I drink water). I've an Aspire VROD 200, with a 0.15ohm coil, at 60W.
I tried a normal device at less wattage before it (with 50% VG / 50% PG and 0.6mg nicotine), and I hadn't the same problem.. but it's also true that I was having a STRONG DESIRE to smoke tobacco... and that's why I said before I was vaping in an intermittent way. I was vaping and smoking at the same time..... but since I had this sub ohm device I'm not smoking anymore.

I know a lot of you will suggest me to switch device again to something in the middle (that will be my last resort, as I really like my device), but do you know something I could try to vape normally without all these problems I'm having? Especially to solve at least my problem with my nose... please.

Thank you!

This is pretty common, some people find higher VG helps with the blocked nose, I'd get a high VG shortfills and add a 100vg NIC shot to see if that helps. Saline nose sprays would help temporarily but a bit of a short term fix, could try vaping menthol and see if that does anything.
If all else fails then it would probably have to be a switch to a MTL tank and much higher nicotine, I'd probably just go straight for a 20mg NIC salt to really get that NIC hit and to cut down on the number of puffs.

Hi and welcome to the planet.

some do have adverse reactions to pg.
10-12ml a day is not a lot so dont worry about that. i average 30ml a day and sometimes more. i chain vape 3mg at 50-60watts and have a vape in my hand every waking moment. sounds like you are drinking enough so its not dehydration.

youve not mentioned what juice you use as there sure is some cheap bathtub mixed shite out there.
give everyone an idea on makes you use and what flavours you like so others can advise on other makes to try to illiminate your juice from your issue.

I don't think it's related to Nicotine and the most likely culprit is PG as @MrDJ suggests, it might be a good idea to try Salts or maybe higher VG Liquid, the dry mouth goes hand in hand with Vaping and is nothing to really worry about. Just keep on drinking fluids or maybe suck on a sweet like i do.

This is pretty common, some people find higher VG helps with the blocked nose, I'd get a high VG shortfills and add a 100vg NIC shot to see if that helps. Saline nose sprays would help temporarily but a bit of a short term fix, could try vaping menthol and see if that does anything.
If all else fails then it would probably have to be a switch to a MTL tank and much higher nicotine, I'd probably just go straight for a 20mg NIC salt to really get that NIC hit and to cut down on the number of puffs.
Yeah I heard about the saline solution, but it's not in my favourite possible solutions at the moment, as I still (I think) have other ways to try apparently to solve the problem permanently. But I will keep that in mind..

Hi and welcome to the planet.

some do have adverse reactions to pg.
10-12ml a day is not a lot so dont worry about that. i average 30ml a day and sometimes more. i chain vape 3mg at 50-60watts and have a vape in my hand every waking moment. sounds like you are drinking enough so its not dehydration.

youve not mentioned what juice you use as there sure is some cheap bathtub mixed shite out there.
give everyone an idea on makes you use and what flavours you like so others can advise on other makes to try to illiminate your juice from your issue.

Thank you MrDJ. :)
Glad to know I'm not vaping so much as I thought. I've the impression that you won't like the e-liquids I chose to buy xD, I found online these "FEROCIOUS" e-liquids at a good price, and I used two of them: the "COLA BOTTLES" flavour (which I didn't like much...) and the "Black Jack" (even this one wasn't great as I thought but I just LOVE the liquorice flavour).
The other brands are very expensive.... that's why I opted out for those ones.

Problem is, that I just ordered 4 more from the same brand:

Watermelon Slush 70/30 | Ferocious
Grape Soda 70/30 | Ferocious
Berries La Créme 70/30 | Ferocious
Cherry Menthol 70/30 | Ferocious

As I was trying to figure it out if it was the nicotine, but the order is still processing, maybe I can cancel it if you think the juices are bad.

I don't think it's related to Nicotine and the most likely culprit is PG as @MrDJ suggests, it might be a good idea to try Salts or maybe higher VG Liquid, the dry mouth goes hand in hand with Vaping and is nothing to really worry about. Just keep on drinking fluids or maybe suck on a sweet like i do.

I thought nicotine was the problem because I remember I had the same problem with normal tobacco. But yeah eventually I'll try higher VG liquids.. let's see how it goes. (they are not easy to find....)

I too was experiencing the nasal problems ( cracked skin )

Try changing the way you vape by not exhaling through the nostrils

This worked for me

Good luck

Nicotine, VG and PG affect people in different ways, I always exhale through my nose as i don't get any flavour or taste straight from my mouth, i think all my years of smoking has totally ruined my taste buds. I think after 14 months if my taste hasn't got better by now then it won't. The funny thing is my food tastes better and my sense of smell have improved so much.

ive not heard of that juice so cant coment on it.
what i can suggest it to check out some of our recommended suppliers where prices are not as bad as some people think.
for fruit & dessert flavours id recommend checking out
prime vapes
cotswold vapour
dinner lady
vape potions
washington vapes
all found here POTV Vendors & Recommended E Liquid Suppliers

Welcome.

How much antihistamines r u taking. They will cause that exact problem with not being able to rehydrate, especially mixed with alcohol.

Also, i THINK pg is what dehydrates u so as high a vg content as u can. (I think the vapor also tends to seem 'wetter' than a 50/50 mix. It might have been the tank tho)

Back
Top Bottom