POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register

Below 0.10 ohm

Discussion in 'Everything ECigs' started by Squeeb84, Sep 11, 2019.

1. SirLugg

SirLugg Legend

Yup. Still goes to. 05.

Screenshot_20190911_200559_com.android.chrome.jpg

2. Leni

Leni Achiever

You’ll have to excuse my ignorance here, but isn’t there a reason these mods don’t go down that low? Isn’t that verging into hard shorting the battery territory? Couldn’t you just build a little higher, for safety’s sake? Or am I missing the point completely? :hmm:

3. SirLugg

SirLugg Legend

Nah. On a mech you're up shit Street building that low if you get it wrong. On a regulated the battery isn't connected to the circuit at all, the regulator is, and if that fails it breaks the circuit and won't fire at all. The only factor on batteries in a regulated is the wattage and the amount of cells, resistance plays no part in amp draw in a regulated.

In short, if a regulated will fire it then you're good.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thank Thank x 1
  4. Squeeb84

Squeeb84 Postman

I have a few mechs and understand the ohms law but I won't build that low on my mech mods only on a regulated mod. I do however understand that I'm relying on the gizmos in a regulated mod but sometimes I like to blow the clouds and fog up the living room. I build high ohmed coils for the flavour and for my mechs. It's just different strokes for different folks I think mate

• Like Like x 1