What's new

Battery safety and Sub Ohm vaping...

What's more,just as "Tubbyengineer" said,you need special batteries,which contain safe protective function like atomizer short protection, Overcharge Protection,Charging Short Circuit Protection.

Are you suggesting the aspire batteries have these safety features? I'm reluctant to believe that.

Is it even possible to protect the battery from a hard short at the atty without using a regulated mod (box/tube or similar)?

Last edited:
Are you suggesting the aspire batteries have these safety features? I'm reluctant to believe that.

Is it even possible to protect the battery from a hard short at the atty without using a regulated mod (box/tube or similar)?

It is indeed possible, Protected batteries have been available for ages, usually the output rating is a bit pants they just couldnt handle the high currents, I'm not sure that whoever is running the Aspire profile is particularly fluent in english, I think what they are saying is you need to use something like the "CF" battery range (ie: the Aspire Subohm stick type mod, which is essentially a giant ego battery)...

RE: Sub ohming

I have a question? What would happen if I where to put a 3200mah V V battery on an RDA with a duel coil .4 ohm build?! Would it fire, short or blow up in my hand/face LOL :)

Thanks in advance for any info!!!

I have a question? What would happen if I where to put a 3200mah V V battery on an RDA with a duel coil .4 ohm build?! Would it fire, short or blow up in my hand/face LOL :)

Thanks in advance for any info!!!

It depends which VV battery and what it's specs are, when you say VV I'm assuming you mean some type of regulated device - although pretty much all VV devices feature low ohms protection now. The dual coil bit is fairly irrelevant at this point, it's more about the resistance of the build. The device doesnt know about dual coils - just what resistance it sees at the 510 connector, if it's above the devices lower limit - it will work, how well it vapes is a different matter.

The battery!

It depends which VV battery and what it's specs are, when you say VV I'm assuming you mean some type of regulated device - although pretty much all VV devices feature low ohms protection now. The dual coil bit is fairly irrelevant at this point, it's more about the resistance of the build. The device doesnt know about dual coils - just what resistance it sees at the 510 connector, if it's above the devices lower limit - it will work, how well it vapes is a different matter.

The battery in question is an Ego-T 3200mah variable voltage battery and is now Daffy Ducked! LOL I think I may have shorted it or blown it as all it does now is flash repeatedly whenever I put an atomizer or the RDA onto it, then, when I take it off, it does NOTHING as if it is completely dead!!! No sign of life what-so-ever so, now I need to get some more 26650 flat top batteries, take the unit apart and solder the new battery onto the unit! TYPICAL :(

Now in need of a new battery unit

After a complete screw up LOL, I am now in need of a battery unit capable of vaping .4 ohms if anyone has any suggestions or one they aren't using?!?! :)

The battery in question is an Ego-T 3200mah variable voltage battery and is now Daffy Ducked! LOL I think I may have shorted it or blown it as all it does now is flash repeatedly whenever I put an atomizer or the RDA onto it, then, when I take it off, it does NOTHING as if it is completely dead!!! No sign of life what-so-ever so, now I need to get some more 26650 flat top batteries, take the unit apart and solder the new battery onto the unit! TYPICAL :(

That sounds more like it's eaten the circuitry - or just possibly the centre pin has been crushed down and is now not making contact, this was a problem on the eGo's when used with some atty's with long 510's...

That sounds more like it's eaten the circuitry - or just possibly the centre pin has been crushed down and is now not making contact, this was a problem on the eGo's when used with some atty's with long 510's...

Its not the centre pin! I've tried lifting the centre pin and it makes no difference :( the unit just flashes when you connect it to an atty or any other device and then does nothing when its NOT connected!

It's fucked man. On the upside, there is a plethora of mods which will handle your .4ohm res with ease. Even the humble istick. Alternatively you could replace like for like.

It's fucked man. On the upside, there is a plethora of mods which will handle your .4ohm res with ease. Even the humble istick. Alternatively you could replace like for like.

Thanks for the update dude! I thought as much but always good to get a second opinion :)

Back
Top Bottom