What's new

Battery safety and Sub Ohm vaping...

Typical rewrap though, wish they'd quit it with these stupid amperage claims, someone who doesn't know better is in for a fright.

I need some new batteries so next ones will be Samsung or such like. I didn't realise there was so much to consider in batteries, apart from reliable makes. I didn't think a vendor would sell anything but safe batteries - perhaps I'm a bit naive there. I had no idea about amp ratings (still don't understand it tbh) I've just been looking at the Fogstar site and their amp calculator. Are they a reliable vendor for batteries?
Fogstar won vendor of the year for the previous two years so yes, they and 18650uk are trusted vendors for batteries and chargers.

Some of the re-wrap batteries put the Pulse Discharge Rate on them which is a very short pulse rating, typically 2sec and should not be confused with the Continious Dicharge Rate.
PDR will be a higher figure I.e. 40A where the CDR value will be 20A.
As vapers, we will not pulse the mod, we press the fire button for upto 10seconds to vape. So this means we should ALWAYS use the CDR value of the particular battery.
Even saying this, some manufactures of batteries even exaggerate their actual rating so always worth looking at Mooch's testing of the specific battery.
Using a Battery Amp Draw Drain calculator will tell you the current you will drawing from your battery on a given mod setup.

Last edited:
Really Scary, But here my doubt, Is there any batteries with specific brands, If Exits the problem is with sub- OHM or batteries.

Really Scary, But here my doubt, Is there any batteries with specific brands, If Exits the problem is with sub- OHM or batteries.

For vaping I'd stick to Molicel. Either their P26A for their 18650 or P42A for their 21700. To ensure they're not fakes it's best to buy them from Fogstar and you can use code POTV20 to get 20% off.

Hi i am using my pre installed battery for my use it is quite nice and i am not facing any problem with my vape.

Back
Top Bottom