What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Battery safety and Sub Ohm vaping...

Out of interest where did you get the other batteries from and did you explain to the vendor what you were hoping to use them for or did you have them for other purposes?
I had them for another bit of electrical equipment and then hoped I could use them in my new vape set up

Can anyone help me with what batteries i need for both a RX200 and a Evic VTC mini?

I originally got these

Samsung ICR18650-26F 18650 3.7V 2600mAh

then on further reading discovered they aren't any good due to the low 5.6 amp rating so i got these instead

Samsung INR18650-25R 3.6V 2500mAh

did i get the right thing this time?

I've been reading through a lot of threads like this and i'm becoming more informed and confused at the same time so please be gentle

I wouldn't use them in any mod, the power bank sounds a good use for them though

Oh my goodness ! Just been reading through some of these pages and I am so confused :S I was thinking about a Cloupor Mini plus or Evic mini but since I am pretty much clueless on all this am I safest to just get a mod that has built in battery like the Smok Micro?

Oh my goodness ! Just been reading through some of these pages and I am so confused :S I was thinking about a Cloupor Mini plus or Evic mini but since I am pretty much clueless on all this am I safest to just get a mod that has built in battery like the Smok Micro?

The main point to remember with AIO mods is that because the battery is built in if it runs out then you can't use the mod until it's recharged, and, if the battery fail completely then the mod will have to be thrown away. If you get a mod with replaceable batteries then you can carry a spare (In a protective case) and a faulty battery can simply be disposed of and a new one fitted. The initial outlay may be more but the long term savings are real...
A fair bit has changed since this thread was started back in November of 2013. Back then a 40w mod was considered high power and there were only one or two that went to 100w or so, mechanicals were much more popular and most mods were tube types. Batteries were also far different as were attitudes to Sub Ohm vaping.
While it's still important to learn about battery safety and to know your batteries limits the situation is far more settled than it was then. I can now safely reccomend just one or two types of battery in the knowledge that they'll cover pretty much everything you'll ever need. for "Regular" vaping - So I'd say Get Samsung 25R's or LG HE2's or HE4's. They should cover most of the regulated mods on sale now and for the forseeable future.
Go and have a read of the guides in the battery section - https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/guides/advanced-vaping/battery-guides - They should tell you all you need to know.

The main point to remember with AIO mods is that because the battery is built in if it runs out then you can't use the mod until it's recharged, and, if the battery fail completely then the mod will have to be thrown away. If you get a mod with replaceable batteries then you can carry a spare (In a protective case) and a faulty battery can simply be disposed of and a new one fitted. The initial outlay may be more but the long term savings are real...
A fair bit has changed since this thread was started back in November of 2013. Back then a 40w mod was considered high power and there were only one or two that went to 100w or so, mechanicals were much more popular and most mods were tube types. Batteries were also far different as were attitudes to Sub Ohm vaping.
While it's still important to learn about battery safety and to know your batteries limits the situation is far more settled than it was then. I can now safely reccomend just one or two types of battery in the knowledge that they'll cover pretty much everything you'll ever need. for "Regular" vaping - So I'd say Get Samsung 25R's or LG HE2's or HE4's. They should cover most of the regulated mods on sale now and for the forseeable future.
Go and have a read of the guides in the battery section - https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/guides/advanced-vaping/battery-guides - They should tell you all you need to know.

Thanks very much for advice ! That has definitely reassured me : )

As further reassurance I have the rx200 and use samsung 25r batteries. I have 2 " sets " of 3 . Set "a" and "b" marked with a permanent marker pen. Don't mix them up and charge each set fully. I get 2 days from each set at 50 watts which is great imho.

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1453920723.120345.jpg

Anyone used these 20a limit but won't be going anywhere near that

Back
Top Bottom