What's new

Battery Charger

Mark

Legend
Ok I've only ever had the Trustfire TR-001. I'm on my second one having given my old one to my g/f.
These were the only chargers available when I started Vaping over 2 yrs ago.

However it has started to do weird things. The lights flash randomly and it won't charge some batteries. I'm not the kind of person to take any obvious risks with electricals so it's outta here.

Ive seen over the last yr maybe a few different new ones..Xtar?..all meant to be better, safer, faster maybe...

Does anyone have any recommendations?
Links? If not I'll just choose one but there may be experiences from others that would be useful. It would need it to charge 18650s, 18500s, 18350s, 14500s and 16340s

Ta

Deffo the Xtar, I got mine from safercigs, but I know other vendors now carry them. I think with the discount and shipping, it came to just under £17

I love it, because when my big senybors are charged up, I take the charger up with me to bed and use the USB function to power my KOBO or my mobile if the batteries in them are low :D

I have dropped it a bazillion times as it sits about 4 1/2 feet up ontop of my PC tower. Charges relatively fast as it has 2 charging speeds and the USB option is brilliant. Comes with a car charger as well so you can charge on the go!

Confusingly ...as I guess it would be..there are several Xtars

Is this one yours Meg? http://www.safercigs.co.uk/XTAR_WP6_/p705283_5994227.aspx

NONE of these, with the exception of the single bay charger which needs spacers ( which are out of stock), say they charge 18350s which I find incredible . I use 18350s a lot

Anyone know if they will charge these?

Hiya Mark,

I bought the one you are talking about from Safercigs, and can confirm that it does charge 18350's - you just need the spacers to make contact, although you can use a line of magnetic spacers. J at Vapingthings has got spacers - here.

The charger is definitely a step up from my TR1! It charges very quickly in comparison and comes with a car ciggie lighter lead so you can charge on the go!

Cheers!

Lee

Spacers:

Here Here Here AND Here !

The ones in the last two links I added above, are the cheapest I found. I bought two extras and charge 4 14500 and 2 18650's at a time.

Last edited:
Lol cheers Lee. Best get me a car then!

Any idea how many spacers required per battery? Daz didn't have spares in stock and you get two in the kit. That be enough to charge two at the same time ? Important for me using a twin battery mod to charge them together in pairs.

HA HA! Probably cheaper just to buy the charger, extra spacers and run it off the mains in that case! OR get an old car battery and cart that around on a shopping trolley frame! See - always looking for a solution!

You need:

0 spacers for 18650's
2 spacers for each 14500
3 spacers for each 18350

I also charge CR123's and I think they need 3 spacers too.

Hope this helps.

Damn. On the hunt for spacers now then. What was wrong with springy slide things in the Trustfire? Any batt would fit in those without pesky spacers

Thanks again Lee!

Back
Top Bottom