What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Batteries

Ali Gore

Initiate
Sorry if this has been asked before but I don't understand.

My batteries die quiet quickly. I use a mesh coil at 0.13 ohm I run the battery at 24w. I use a dual battery mod, how long would or should the batteries last?

Also where is a good supplier of 18650 batteries

First of all we need to know what make your batteries are &. What amp

I get all my batteries from here
www.fogstar.co.uk & I use the molicel 18650 P26a 2600mah
Fogstar is a trusted vendor on this site.

Fogstar only place I get mine from too, discount code on here too, think its recently changed, POTV15 I think for 15% off

Those batteries should last at least 6 hours of constant vaping at 24w, (and i mean chain vaping for 6 hours) probably a whole day or more tho for normal usage tbh.

Last edited:
Efest 3000mha
Eeeek well I don't know how old your batteries are & personally I would tape them up & dispose of them correctly & get some molicel they will easily last a day for the Watt's your at .

If your batteries were bought new, arent like a year old, have never been overheated, or ever vaped on while charging i would also suggest cleaning all the battery contacts with some rubbing alcohol or something (the 510 contact too). If its something like that going on, new batteries wont help.

This may seem a silly question - exactly how do you charge your batteries?

When I started the first mod I bought was a Smok Alien and I charged the batteries inside the mod. I found out later than some Smok mods carried on trickle charging even when the batteries were full which can damage them and isn't exactly safe. Luckily I don't like charging batteries when I'm not present (I made a dumb mistake fast charging a small motorcycle battery years ago and it went bang spraying acid everywhere!) and I always monitored the charging state regularly and NEVER left the mod charging batteries overnight.

I bought a battery charger as soon as I realised the charging circuit in my mod wasn't particularly good - and my battery life almost doubled instantly. The Smok mod was showing 100% charge when the batteries were at 3.85 volts instead of 4.2 Volts - but the separate charger I bought did the job correctly (and safely as it would not keep trickle charging after the batteries were full)

I recommend you get new batteries from Fogstar (use code POTV for 15% off) - but if you are charging in your mod, consider buying a battery charger as well.

Back
Top Bottom