What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Bad CE4 clearomisers?

JustDave

Honorary Moderator
Just wondering if I am alone in regularly getting CE4's that just don't fire?

I don't generally use them, but I always keep a supply on hand for new liquids, mainly to save cleaning on the Evod and Protanks.

I have had maybe 5 or 6 recently, from various sources, that will not do a thing, including one of a pack of 2 that I had to buy in an emergency from VIP, which were a lot more expensive than my usual level. (Typically it was the second one out of the pack of 2 that I didn't open until way after I lost the receipt).

Anyone else having issues?

Not only that, sometimes they are made with a fraction of a mm size difference.

Try pulling down the center pin inside the threading so that it can make contact with the battery plate on the device :)

I abandoned CE atomisers of all varieties ages ago for just this reason. I resented having to fiddle with the battery centre pin or the positive post on the atomiser pretty much *every* time I used one. Hopeless.

Save yourself the hassle and get a dripping atomiser to sample liquids. They can be cheap as chips and will outperform any of the CE range

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

I moved on from the CE type clearo's weeks ago. Much prefer evods and pro tanks or my dripper. I keep my ce4's for spares or emergencies but would never buy any more.

I am phasing out all CE's once the last of my current stock is gone. They are too problematic in many ways really. A lot come with spring loaded pins which help with the contact problem but they can leak, the mid placed wicks are not even close to the current crop of bottom coiled atomisers and in reality they are a generation behind as a general design.

My first one was fine, except the centre post was a bit off-centre, so liquid leaked into the drip tip really easily - then got a pack of 5 or 6 - supposed to be red, but were pink (and I don't do pink!). One packed up almost immediately, but all the rest were really hard to get any vapour from. Even getting the twist and cranking up the voltage didn't help.

I much prefer the BCC and DCT tanks.

Having said that, my itaste came with a load of itaste 16 clearos that look just like CE4s, but much better quality with loads of really thick wick and are described at dual coil on the box. I've not tried them yet, but they look like they should work really well (did you try those Midnight?)

Having said that, my itaste came with a load of itaste 16 clearos that look just like CE4s, but much better quality with loads of really thick wick and are described at dual coil on the box. I've not tried them yet, but they look like they should work really well (did you try those @Midnight?)

Ah, you've just reminded me. I had forgotten all about them. Most of them are filled with different liquids (I had so many I wanted to try but not enough tanks) but I didn't like any of them so they are all sat, huddled, in a little clear plastic Fererro Rocher box, neglected, rejected and dejected. Still full of liquid.
Not quite sure what to do with them but they did vape OK from what I remember. They are fine for testing juices and stuff. Vaping with them is so different to vaping with the evods and PT's now though, it feels wrong. Can't wait to get my FT drippers :D

Yeah - I've not ordered mine yet. I lost my reel of kanthal somewhere, so I need to replace that. A bit frustrating, as the itaste and its Ohm meter have arrived

Back
Top Bottom