What's new

Bad Carto?

jrob3rts

Achiever
Hi All,
Primed my second cartomizer, had a quick taste and tasted a bit yucky. Anyway, considering I threw loads of juice in there, I put it into the tank and it's still disgusting.
A bit like burnt metal. Flavour and throat hit is muted.
I waited approx 10 mins after priming and checked the juice level, it was full. While priming, I took say 30 sec gaps between the next drips.
Don't think I have done anything wrong but seems a shame it's not working well from the outset.
Any thoughts?
James

What kind of carto is it and where did you get it from?

I had 2 boxes of bad Boge cartos these last 3 months . Trouble is, I cant remember which vendor i got them from so i just stopped buying them!

Have you tried filling with a blunt tip needle down the side between the filler and the outer ring? If you do that from the bottom up slowly, it gets the whole coil, no air bubbles too

Hiya, and thanks.
It's a SmokTech DCT.
I got it from Charlie's Vape Shop as part of a few bits I got just over a week ago. It's the replacement to the one I got with the tank.
I didn't, but did ensure I could see fluid at the punched hole. Would that be enough?
James

Hiya, and thanks.
It's a SmokTech DCT.
I got it from Charlie's Vape Shop as part of a few bits I got just over a week ago. It's the replacement to the one I got with the tank.
I didn't, but did ensure I could see fluid at the punched hole. Would that be enough?
James

Technically it should be... Try wiggling the filler a little, the coil could be touching the metal somewhere probably at the base of the DCC.

Also look down the center hole for a glow when you are firing it, if you see it, its a short somewhere and best to toss out.

Al I can see down there when firing is vapour.
I'll try the wriggle thing later, have shelved for now. Shame if it is a dudd.

Dudd cartos are a fact of life James .. even boges have em sometimes.

The vendor should replace DOA items though, least any i have dealt with have, i just never bothered to return em!

The vendor should replace DOA items though, least any i have dealt with have, i just never bothered to return em!

I haven't spoken to the vendor yet. Will have a chat. Been unable to vape or smoke the majority of this week following an abscess so hoping to get back into it this evening and test out a new spring that Charlie sent me for the Vamo.
Typical, my luck.

Back
Top Bottom