What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Augvape VX217

RichieRich

Achiever
Evening all

Anyone read anything good/bad with the Augvape VX217 being released shortly?

The mod has caught my eye as it is similar shape to the RX Gen3 Dual, and uses 21700 cells. Advertises itself as the shortest dual 21700 mod, but more interestingly comes with the new Intake tank which sports a new Clapton-mesh coil.

Ecigone have them on the coming soon list, wanted to find out more info before I reach for my wallet

Well, it's landed, and, it's a disappointment.

The plastic grip panel on the back of the mod creaks and clicks when you grip the mod. The rest of the mod is zinc alloy, and with 21700 cells inserted, becomes rather heavy. Think you could easily put out a window with it :18:

The next issue (which is a biggie) is the VW output. I put my GV Zeus X mesh tank on, which registers as 0.23 ohms (verified by my RX Gen3 Dual) and taking a vape at the same 55w on my other mod, I got an instant burnt hit. Looking at the display after firing, it's sending 3.72v, instead of 3.56v. I then changed to VV mode and set to 3.55v, took a draw and it changed itself to 3.6v (my fingers went nowhere near the adjustment dial).

Based on SteamEngine calculations, 55w on 0.23 ohms should be 3.56v, which is what the RX Gen3 Dual is doing, but the Vx217 is not regulating this correctly, and going over.

Not a good start, so either it's faulty, or this is the way they come. Either way, it's going back. Good job I haven't touched the intake tank yet, which is a shame cos I really wanted to try the Clapton mesh coils :(

Back
Top Bottom