POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register

Aspire Nautilus 2S

Discussion in 'Everything ECigs' started by kencher, Oct 6, 2018.

1. wackygt

wackygt Postman

Don't think they are on sale yet - have asked Aspire on here, Face book and Twitter and all I get is it's coming soon. May be out before Xmas but not holding my breath

• Thank Thank x 1
  2. Huggett

Huggett Legend

MHRA / TPD testing is holding it up I believe :-(

Got to handle one / dismantle it / check the threads back in October.

Was lovely. Awaiting it's release...

#22 Huggett, Dec 6, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thank Thank x 1
  3. wackygt

wackygt Postman

Ok so according to www.vapour.co.uk they are expecting it around 20th December

• Thank Thank x 1
  4. KiKEliquids

KiKEliquids Premium Vendor

Thanks guys.

Hoping it's going to be a massive improvement on the Nautilus 2 that's currently sitting unused somewhere in my house.

Huggett - That sounds promising :51:

5. wackygt

wackygt Postman

Yeah I'm looking forward to it as well - recently went back to an unopened Nautilus 2 after finding my Zenith a little muted in flavour and I forgot how nice this tank can be with certain flavours.

And I think I finally got the hang of re-filling it although it's still an unnecessary faff!

6. Andy S

Andy S Postman

I have the original, pre-TPD big Nauti and the air intake on that can just about handle the 0.7 coil at 22ish Watts. Quite what the point is of a 0.4 on a smaller tank with half the airflow I am at a loss to even hazard a guess. Seems like a bit of a "because we can" exercise to me.

7. wackygt

wackygt Postman

Agree @Andy S will be interesting to see. I use the 0.7 with the N2 and it works fine with the airflow all the way open (5 holes).

However the new one has the 5 holes plus an extra air slot I believe for extra air flow so it may work. Not gonna hold my breath though!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Fuctifino

Fuctifino Postman

Nahhhh - I just can't get on with them - got two silver & black N2 tanks
    I gave up with metal tip - well hate the taste/feeling of it
    But this tank, the metal tip really got very warm/hot - the tank runs much warmer than Zenith imho
    (no matter what I turn it down to, though some mods it runs a little bit better I think but still warmer)

Silver one had a nightmare, coil often kept unscrewing when refilling no matter how I tightened it
    (wrecked the 1.8 coil in the end & used the 0.6 or 0.8 other spare coil which finally seemed to behave - a bit)
    When the coil loosened it pissed out trying to reassemble it as opposed to a slight leak/weep
    Coil flooding still happened now n then even upside down tightening

It was & still is a tank I'll never take out with me coz the refill risk/hassle still exists
    But lately I seemed to have sussed it - or so I thought, yet was more luck I found out....

Opened sealed black tank - hey tell ya what swap the air ring & stuff to make 2 two-tone black/silver tanks
    Using 1.8 coil, now with 2-tone effect, fill it, turn upside down on last tightening etc...

Yup really looking forward to this at last, new N2, new 1.8 coil - here we go......
    gurgly gurgly - WTF !!!!

Nope, these bastids hate me and I'm not ultra fond of them either, though heaven knows I've given it a go

No BS, not a hater who criticises stuff jumping on a bandwagon but never owned one in reality
    I have two and just can't seem to get on with them completely hassle free
    (pic is a bit dark coz flash dazzled off the silver tank & sod it I'm no David Bailey)
    Luckily I got them at good price, but still a bit disappointed to say the least :(

Attached Files:

9. Andy S

Andy S Postman

I bought an N2 because I thought it looked cool - I got the aluminium one to match my NX75. I found it almost impossible to get the cap off without removing the whole thing from the mod, thereby defeating the point of it being a supposed topfill and I usually ended up with more juice in the carpet than in the tank so I went back to my 'proper' Nautiluses. If the new one's a genuine top filler I may give it a try.

10. eyeball kid

eyeball kid Legend

I think the slightly larger import one will have to be checked out.
    Interesting that the original advert only stated top fill on the tpd one.
    I've got me a zenith and coolfire 4 mini on the way for review which I'm looking forward to as I love those coolfire's plus I have that ijoy that is a mod with a pod and takes juul pods ect. That I really want to try.