What's new

Aspire Cleito - Vaccum / burnt issue

I'm having this same problem, 3 coils in a row have done it within a couple of days. Like others have said, the initial taste on the first coil is second to none and I don't want to change tanks but if this carries on I'm going back to my Melo 2

Yeah, sounds like a duff batch of coils. Mine were the same, 0.2ohm and all burnt after a few minutes. New pack of 0.4 is working grand, just ordered the SS version, heard good things about those.

I find a few pushing a couple of pin holes through the wick holes helps the coils live a little longer.

This works a treat by the way, thank you laksakite for the recommendation - few little holes and same coil has been in use for a week with not a single problem

Have any of you guys with "iffy" coils, contacted Aspire ??

I have and they flirt around user error and VG killing coils..

I've had one conk in 24 hours then one run for 3 weeks..

They don't seem to accept there are some quality issues nor give any compensation or any sort of a good will offer...

I'm going to keep going with mine for now, but may give aspire a miss,when I make my next purchase, as there after sales is not to an acceptable standard in my opinion..

As for air locking and bubbles I've had that too lol..

Thats more bearable than the rotten taste when your coil gives up the ghost..

yes i've had a few duff coils im sorley tempted to bring this up with aspire in the uk where i bought them from

I've also had a few duff cleito coils, for the main part I would say it's aspires fluctuating QC, they do manage to ram a load of cotton inside the cleito coils.

Pricking the wicking holes with a pin can help, only one of the holes seems to go direct through to the inside of the chimney so don't try forcing the others.

One thing I found that seemed to work best with new coils was to let them sit overnight for the cotton to soak up the liquid fully prior to first using it, in my experience putting power through it before the cottons saturated damaged the coil and it then never lasted long.

The juice your running maybe doing it also, blind pigs real McCoy knackers cleito coils in 2 - 3 days I think it's the sweetener they use

Have any of you guys with "iffy" coils, contacted Aspire ??

I have and they flirt around user error and VG killing coils..

I've had one conk in 24 hours then one run for 3 weeks..

They don't seem to accept there are some quality issues nor give any compensation or any sort of a good will offer...

I'm going to keep going with mine for now, but may give aspire a miss,when I make my next purchase, as there after sales is not to an acceptable standard in my opinion..

As for air locking and bubbles I've had that too lol..

Thats more bearable than the rotten taste when your coil gives up the ghost..
Just ordered the new ss ones as I know the original ones had a few teething problems including the seals making your juice taste of rubber bands.
Figure they should have ironed out the issues for those ones and I can run in tc or wattage.

As mentioned above, quite a few dodgy coils out there including a lot of fakes being passed off as genuine. eBay/Amazon is flooded with them.

I find a few pushing a couple of pin holes through the wick holes helps the coils live a little longer.

Also found Coil Art www.coilart.net have release some Cleito compatible coils that are supposed to be the nuts, but haven't seen them available in the UK yet.

For UK peeps - I've just ordered some of fasttech:

https://www.fasttech.com/p/5078607

I've recently had the same problem with Cleito coils..
The first box I had were great - could use them at 45w chain vaping 80VG juice until the drip tip was too hot to vape on.
2nd box of coils I had gave exactly the same problem as described above.
When I last swapped the coil I poked a bunch of pin holes in the cotton - the one that you can actually stick a pin in, the other 2 are rock solid. Since doing that this coil has gone through about 60ml of 80VG juice with no problems at all, and is still going strong.

I put my last coil in yesterday. Primed it and left it to soak overnight with the airflow closed. Came to it this morning and it's dumped the entire tank of juice all over my RX200 and my vape shelf. It's also cost me the last of my PFVape Karma Frappe.

The stupid fucking thing is going in the bin!

Back
Top Bottom