What's new

Aspire cleito leaking fix

Sirspidey

Postman
hi all, I’ve just updated a thread I had going, but thought I’d start a new one with a fix for the cleito leaking through the air holes.
I’ve only had it a few days at was disappointed when moments started leaking. SO I trolled the internet to find a solution. I followed all advice found, but it continued to leak. All though it was only doing it when I filled up. After a few draws and a clean up all was good until I filled up again. So look on internet again and found a great bit of advice that has sorted it (fingers crossed) and could help people with similar problems with other top fill tanks.
What I did was shut air hole, took too cap off, filled up, replace cap, turned the tank upside down then open air hole. This will release any pressure caused by putting top cap back on, but it will only expel air and not liquid. All seems to make sense to me. Seems to work for me so far. Will update as I do more fill ups in this way. Hope this helps other that have got the same issue.
Cheers

I've never had a Cleito leak. Don't fill it to the brim and don't screw the cap on too tight but closing the air and turning upside-down before opening it again usually work's. I have to do that on an rta I have that I like to wick thinly.

YEa could be my noobness. I’ve just took it all apart and clean it all and fitted my fat boy tank, filled it (with same coil), didn’t over tighten it, turned upside down opened air holes and so far not a drop of leakage (fingers crossed). Must admit the fat boy makes a big difference, not so many top ups now lol

Only had probs with my Cleito in the early days when I filled it to the top. I only fill it to within a few mil of it now and have never since had an issue with leaks. I leave the air holes wide open the same as when I vape with no issues. The main thing, as already stated here above in posts is to not fill to the top. When you fill make sure the thread on the coil and inside the lid is cleaned with a tissue or whatever so no juice residue can cause it to jam up and its all good. Good simple tank.
Another overlooked thing which is mistaken for a leak is simply not cleaning the base and catch area with each coil change. It builds up and has to eventually go somewhere, that somewhere is out the vent holes.
Not a leak, just laziness. Keep it clean.

Last edited:
Now, no matter what I do I can’t keep the cleito from leaking when I fill up. Juice everywhere. Not only a mess, but a waste. I’ve cleaned it, reassembled and still leaks. Air hole shut, turn upside down open air hole and it leaks. So I bit the bullet and went to my local shop and got myself the cleito exo. Talking to the shop I’m not the first with the problem. He recommended this tank for 2 main reasons (amounts others) air hole at the top, so no leaking from there and I can use my old cleito coils in Internet which would also give me a 3.5ml tank. So I got one. Got home put a new 0.4ohm coil in filled up, hey no leaks :-). Let it soak for a bit. Started on about 30 Watts, all is well. Slowly cranked it up and hit 55 watts and had no problems. Get tanks, only down side, air is not adjustable. But for me that’s not a problem, but I guess I could get a 510 drip tip with adjustable air if I feel I need more. Flavour is just a good in the exo, and great vapour production. Ok maybe not a good A’s the old cleito, but still great. So far very happy now. Great tank.

Bummer you still had the leak, but good your finally using something that does what you wabt. You made sure you left a few mil gap between the juice level and top of the glass? Apart from that and all else you did I'm at a loss as to why it still leaked. Except for one thing, high pg/low vg juice. I've heard the cleito will leak with high pg mixes.
Enjoy the new tank mate.

Thanks. Yes left a small gap at the top. I was using 60/40 70/30 and even 80/20 (vg heavy) and all leaked. Now it could be a simple fix to a knowledgeable person, but all the messing about is too much for me to put up with, being as though I’m on the road a lot for work, I just want to take cap off and fill the replace, done. And all this ‘routine’ just to fill a tank is easier at home than in a truck. Very happy with the exo atm, and great flavour even with the 0.4 coils. It’s a thumbs up from me.

Yeah, thats about the limit of my knowledge.
Main thing is if your finally enjoying it, by the sounds of it you are.
All good. Cheers mate.

Defo enjoying it. So much so I’ve started to mix my own juice. Got some steeping now. Nearly a week in. Starting to think of recipes to make other than the run of the mill like strawberry, mango etc. Bought a vanilla custard 80%vg the other day and loved it. So wanna get a custard concentrate to start some combinations. Much prefer it to analog. Been clear if then for nearly 3 weeks now and nic is down to 6mg sometimes 3mg. :-)

I have spent/wasted hundreds of dollars on trying to find a tank that doesn't leak, not to mention the money wasted on juice that inevitably wound up in a puddle in the cup holder. I'm an interstate truck driver and here in the U.S. that means that I'm regularly experiencing altitude changes that can range from over 100 feet below sea level to over 10,000 feet above sea level. For me, the answer is TOP AIR FLOW tanks. If I'm at home (elevation 5,100 ft.) it doesn't matter but, if I'm on the road, I can't use bottom flow tanks without having a puddle to wipe up.

Back
Top Bottom