What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Aspire CF G-Power Faulty?

paulbee

Achiever
Hi All

collateral diarrhea very kindly gifted me this Aspire battery. Used it straight away as it had some charge and worked great. However I've charged it and it seems to have developed a fault.

When screwed into my EMOW or Clearomiser and the button is pressed it flashes pink & blue three times as it does when you turn it on and off, and it does not give any power. I've tried to turn off/on by pressing five times in quick succession but it just flashes pink & blue three times.

When it is not screwed into anything and the button is pressed it goes blue as it should.

Anyone have any idea what may be wrong and whether I can fix it?

Thanks

The pink blue flashing means there's a short of some kind.

My cf sub ohm batteries do the same but I find that screwing the positive pin out on my atty fixes it.

I also found giving the 510 connector a good wipe with alcohol wipe to remove crap improved the problem.

Edit: if you're building your own, make sure you've checked for actual 'proper' shorts.

I've a few vv aspire and a cf maxx, I think I read that they might do that if there is a short or something to protect the battery? Does it do it with everything you screw into it?

Of course I could be talking bollocks, someone will be along shortly to confirm this no doubt

That's weird, I simply assumed that when it flashes pink and blue it means that it is dying and needs charge. I never had a charger for it to begin with so I haven't even bothered. It came to me as a tade from a different ape but I only really wanted the tank and not the battery so didn't really use it enough to know much about it.

Hopefully you can get it fixed. Since it worked for you before, it could be somehow related to the charger itself - maybe it was screwed on a bit too tight and pushed the pin a bit or something? I'm really not sure, haven't used devices like these enough to develop any real expertise, sorry.

Low battery on mine is an orange light which means it's dropped to a certain voltage. When it's not putting out any power due to low battery the orange light flashes.

Thanks for all your replies.

Had a good look in the end of it and it was a bit gunky! I've cleaned it with some tissue the best I can, don't have any alcohol wipes!

Popped it onto charge and initially the blue light came on and the orange charging light on the USB charger, the blue light has gone out now but I'm not sure what that means!

Thanks for all your replies.

Had a good look in the end of it and it was a bit gunky! I've cleaned it with some tissue the best I can, don't have any alcohol wipes!

Popped it onto charge and initially the blue light came on and the orange charging light on the USB charger, the blue light has gone out now but I'm not sure what that means!

Local pharmacy for some sterets. Or pm me your address and I'll put some in the post to you tomorrow when I'm at work.

Local pharmacy for some sterets. Or pm me your address and I'll put some in the post to you tomorrow when I'm at work.

Thanks onion, I have sent you a PM.

Can the square pin be removed and cleaned does anyone know? If so what would I use to get it out!

Should have mentioned before that my eGo-T and (imitation) Spinner 2 still work fine.

Last edited:
Thanks onion, I have sent you a PM.

Can the square pin be removed and cleaned does anyone know? If so what would I use to get it out!

Should have mentioned before that my eGo-T and (imitation) Spinner 2 still work fine.

Don't think it can be removed but it's spring loaded which helps with cleaning.

I use an ear bud with a steret wrapped around it. I then twist the bud to clear the gunk out of the threads. Seems to work.

I'll get everything in the post tomorrow so you should have early next week :)

Don't think it can be removed but it's spring loaded which helps with cleaning.

I use an ear bud with a steret wrapped around it. I then twist the bud to clear the gunk out of the threads. Seems to work.

I'll get everything in the post tomorrow so you should have early next week :)

Thats what I'll try then, thanks again onion

Back
Top Bottom