What's new

Ares 2 tank leaking

I found the ares 2 to be very forgiving with the wicking so if you've been thinning it that's likely the issue. The cotton taste shouldn't last long.

Ahhh, that sounds likely. I have been thinning the cotton that goes into the wells quite a lot as I read somewhere that too much can cause dry hits? Probably more fine tuning required by me!

That's true but too little and you'll just have juice pouring into the chamber. The cotton need to be an effective dam and as long as it's not stuffed to the limit using a 50/50 liquid and MTL type power it doesn't really need to wick that fast, the wicks will hold a considerable amount of liquid themselves.

Thinning is the solution to dry hits, but if you aren't getting dry hits then there's no reason to do it.

Thinning is the solution to dry hits, but if you aren't getting dry hits then there's no reason to do it.

Agreed, especially at this time of year when the general ambient temperature increases and our Eliquid is a little less viscous.

When it comes to cotton taste when my build is ready to go in the tank I give it a heat, put a drop on the coil, heat, drop on the coil, heat and do this about 5 times or so. Then when I fill my tank and screw in there’s less break in and the cotton isn’t so pronounced.

Back
Top Bottom