What's new

(another) battery question

Vapertron

Postman
I'm getting a UDT-L mechanical mod soon and was wondering if l can use ordinary 18350's Efest batteries in it or do l need protected ones, thanks :)

Snap shot response would be use protected batteries as added safety but then thought on what is difference and found this on the net

"protected" Li-Ion has a small electronic circuit integrated into the cell packaging. It protects against common dangers, such as overcharge, overdischarge, short-circuit (overcurrent), and temperature. These cells are safer to use, both individually and in batteries. They are less likely to ignite and cause personal or property damage, a phenomenon known as "venting with flame." Unprotected cells do not have this protection circuit, so they can have more capacity and current capability than protected cells. Some cells, such as 10440 (AAA), are too small to accomodate a protection circuit and are only available in unprotected form. Users must decide whether they prefer to stick with protected cells or accept the bigger responsibility and danger associated with unprotected cells.

So if you want safety go protected

I'd have guessed it'll be fine, I have AW IMR 18350's and wouldn't think twice about using them in anything. I wouldn't recommend stacking them to fit the 18650 mode though.

I have a couple of 18650 senybors that l believe are protected so l just need the 18350's for mini mode, thanks guys :)

Back
Top Bottom