What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Alternative to CE4

I've had a bit of a spending spree - I bought the Evod and 1.8ohm replacement heads. Then a saw a reference on another thread to Fasttech, so checked them out and got a great deal on a Kanger Protank, more 1.8ohm coils, a variable battery, passthrough and some accessories all for $37 and no delivery charges - amazing! I shall have fun testing that lot out (and I now have the kit to make better use of the higher resistance pink CE4s)

Last edited:
And thanks to all for the advice - Kanger is the way forward I hope

Just a quick update - the evod arrived today. It's fitted with a 2.5 ohm head, so I wasn't sure how this would fare with my standard ego battery, but filled it with juice and first impressions are really positive (I'm now worried I may have put all my eggs in one basket by ordering 10 1.8 ohm heads).

Loads of vapour from first draw, I'm very happy with the cooler vape. It is a little more airy than I'm used to - which would perhaps be more of an issue for me if it wasn't balanced by so much vapour. However, I know I could fill one of the air holes if I wanted (I have tested the effect by plugging one with my thumb, and it's possibly marginally better).

Flavour strength seems good

Is there a reason why 2.5ohm would be OK on an evod when it seems likely the higher resistance was causing me so many problems with the CE4?

Overall - really chuffed. The only negative is that it would be a nightmare trying to stealth-vape on a plane with this, so the pink things with an ego will still come out for my next long-haul flight!

Thanks so much for helping me make the decision to upgrade. Now just waiting for the even more exciting protank - and taking the plunge into recoiling/wicking (which will eliminate the dithering about which heads to order).

I was already an e-juice geek - I think I may have just embarked on the slippery slope of harware geekage - or geekery

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom