What's new

Alternative to CE4

Fleabag

Achiever
I’m hoping the hardware junkies can help me out...

After a disappointing start with Njoy lookalikes last year, I got a fairly cheap ego kit in the market a few months ago and found it a much better alternative to the analogues. It included the basic battery, CE4 clearomiser & charger. Since then, I’ve broken the battery (sat on it), but replaced with one standard and one larger capacity battery. I also bought a pack of 6 clearomisers from a the marketplace on this site for £10 – sounds like a good buy but, aside from sending the wrong colour (feel a right Charlie with the pink things they sent), one had a mangled drip tip (not a major problem), one packed up after 24 hours and they all produce much less vapour. I only realised just how inadequate they are when I went back to the original one yesterday, which is producing clouds of the stuff.

I now feel reticent about ordering more CE4s if the quality is so hit & miss, and I’m considering some alternatives. I don’t think I’m quite ready to go down the route of building to my own spec, though I’m willing to replace coils etc if it’s quite straightforward. I’d also like something suitable for the standard ego batteries I already have.

At the moment I’m looking at an Evolution 1.6ml clearomiser with replaceable bottom coil and an EVOD MT3 – both of which look and sound like the same product (though the EVOD is almost half the price). However, I’m sure there are other possibilities.

Any advice?

I would definately say EVODs are the way to go. I'm regretting getting CE's in to begin with, should have gone with EVODs off the bat. Hey ho!

You will probably find that the pink ce4s you have are of a higher resistance to your original one, and that is why you are not getting the same vapour.

+1 for the eVODs, but make sure they are the 1.8 ohms, and are the kanger ones :)

OK - I've not really understood the pros/cons of higher/lower resistance. So if I get a Kanger & replacement coils, should I opt for the lower resistance for use with the standard ego batteries?

Lower resistance coils will give you a better (imo) throat hit and more vapour on a standard battery.

1.8 to 2.0 should be ok on a standard non VV ego Battery. I was getting SR cartos for the LONGEST time and wondering why I was getting shit for vapour, then I had my first LR carto and was like WHOA.

Now that I make my own coils, 1.8 is pretty standard for me, I like it warm, full of vape and at lower voltages/wattages!

The main problem is that none of the evods I can find declare the resistance. I suppose I should assume it won't be low and order a pack of 1.8ohm spares. They're also advertised as being available at 1.5 ohm - is this too low?

The main problem is that none of the evods I can find declare the resistance. I suppose I should assume it won't be low and order a pack of 1.8ohm spares. They're also advertised as being available at 1.5 ohm - is this too low?

I get them down to 1.2 occasionally, but then again it is dependent on the electronics in your battery system

I use a 1.5 ohm evod on an ego as my out and about vape and it works great

Back
Top Bottom