What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

All chips are not the same.....

Rickster

Veteran
Im definitely getting a better vape experience from my DNA 75C than I do from my other power devices......Im not saying other stuff is shit.....but it's shit in comparison to the aforementioned....that is all.

In what way is it better @Rickster ? I’m genuinely interested. Do you think it beats the non “c” dna devices? The only devices I really use these days are an sxk dna 60 BB and a pico squeeze.

edit: just to add, I clicked this thinking it was going to be a thread about maris pipers vs king eddies.

And just to put it out there, the red king eddies are the best. And don’t peel them.

In what way is it better @Rickster ? I’m genuinely interested. Do you think it beats the non “c” dna devices? The only devices I really use these days are an sxk dna 60 BB and a pico squeeze.

edit: just to add, I clicked this thinking it was going to be a thread about maris pipers vs king eddies.

I dunno, I did have a dna b for a while (jac vapour)...it went tits up...but I can't remember it being this good....the Evl reaper V1 for example is notorious for providing a cool vape, due to the length of funnel attached to the chimney, on the DNA 75C even at low watts 12w....it provides a warmish vape.

Edit: I have always had DNA devices from early days...the 75c seems an improvement on them....I guess it's just chip n evolve tech doing their thing

Last edited:
I think the DNA magic is in the software/firmware and programming. I don't think the chips used has much effect. They are probably just common IC's used in loads of devices. .... maybe anyway?

I think the DNA magic is in the software/firmware and programming. I don't think the chips used has much effect. They are probably just common IC's used in loads of devices. .... maybe anyway?

possibly.....but my limited knowledge capability.... linked the software/firmware and programming to the chip.....with nae sauce:)

Edit: maybe some broon HP

possibly.....but my limited knowledge capability.... linked the software/firmware and programming to the chip.....with nae sauce:)

Edit: maybe some broon HP

Well it all works together, so I suppose it would be better just to say "the control electronics" rather than a specific component. ... sorry if that seem pedantic for the sake of it, but as someone who builds guitar effects I've seen a lot of nonsense written about 'mythical chips' when the truth is they usually just use whatever is the cheapest and most commonly available.

Also talking of Pedals :) A certain person flew into Seattle recently (Friday). Immigration was a nightmare with massive delays. They finally arrived at the check point and Mark had his Ham Sandwich confiscated LOL The Bag containing his Pedal Board, Leads, Back Up Pedals was completely ignored.:D:D

Sign of the times eh? Festival this afternoon and then flying home tomorrow before then heading into Europe for more Festivals and then home to UK to record.

Back
Top Bottom