Vape Club
What's new

Airport Travel - Anything I should know?

Skyfall95

Initiate
Hi All,

I'm wondering if there is anything I should know about travelling with my vape? I'm travelling within the UK from Edinburgh Airport to Birmingham Airport.

I know the basics : No bottles of liquid above the 100ml limit

Batteries must be taken in hand luggage

Is there anything else I should be wary of or any additional tips?

Thanks

Royal Flush Vape
Empty the juice in the tank & close airflow. Cabin pressure can cause juice to leak out. Remove any warning labels, IE skull & crossbones, as they denote poison. Any vape tools especially scissors & charger go in hold luggage.

AcmeFog
Try to keep your juice in your tank to a minimum before flying.

Take a few small clear sandwich bags with you and some kitchen roll. When through security wrap each tank in a bit of kitchen roll and place in the sandwich bags. If they do leak then the paper will absorb most of it and you won’t be left with slimy gear. A quick wipe at the other end and you’re ready to go.

Best to check with airport and airline, the rules seem to vary between airports and airlines and what day it is it can seem like!!

Vape Superstore
Turn/store your tank upside down,...this prevents leaking from pressure....don't fill juice bottles to the brim, leave some room for expansion.

Vape Green
Empty the juice in the tank & close airflow. Cabin pressure can cause juice to leak out. Remove any warning labels, IE skull & crossbones, as they denote poison. Any vape tools especially scissors & charger go in hold luggage.

I've checked what liquid I plan to take, all it has is the irritants label (explanation mark) warning. I know some airlines banned the skull and crossbones as they class that as poison but I've found nothing about the irritants warning label.

Thanks everyone for your replies.

Try to keep your juice in your tank to a minimum before flying.

Take a few small clear sandwich bags with you and some kitchen roll. When through security wrap each tank in a bit of kitchen roll and place in the sandwich bags. If they do leak then the paper will absorb most of it and you won’t be left with slimy gear. A quick wipe at the other end and you’re ready to go.

This was excellent advice as my tank did leak juice and as you said, a quick wipe once landed and good to go. Thanks

The Electronic Cigarette Company
Back
Top Bottom