What's new

Aegis Boost

RichieRich

Achiever
I've been a member of this forum for a while and after quitting in 2016, i've started again to return to some relief the tabs used to give when stressed at work. Obviously, the tabs would be a bad start (not to mention expensive), so took to vaping again a short while ago.

Started back with a Nord pod to ease back in, then shinyitis caught hold every time i popped into the local Nisa at lunchtime (which also happens to be Washington Vapes), so i've ended up with a few tanks and devices now.

I decided, the Nord would primerily be a pocket device to have a quick break at work, but found the flavour lacking a bit. Thinking it was the liquid, i changed to a different one, but the flavour still tasted muted. Decided then to get an RPM40, and that made improvements thanks to the variable wattage, then i see a review of the new Aegis Boost on the POTV front page making the bold claim that its the best pod system for flavour, and another great feature (at least for me) of a tip cap.

I couldn't help but order one and see for myself. Well, it arrived today, and set about charging it up for first use, and priming the 0.4 ohm DTL coil. The pod is rather awkward to fill, since you can't really see the liquid level inside, and if you fill it on a flat surface, the inner construction of the pod causes air pockets meaning you can't get a full fill unless you tip it 90 degrees so the fill hole is the highest point of the pod.

Left it 3 minutes as instructed for the coil to prime, and slowly ramped up the wattage til I got to 30w. At this point, i will say this thing chucks vapour for a small device and the flavour is unreal! It's far better than the Nord and RPM40, £30 well spent in my opinion, and is handling 80VG no problem!

The only thing i don't like, is the rubberised portion of the grip. Its a lint/dust magnet, ensuring any lint in your pocket is taken with it when you take the device out. The screen is a bit small too, but the important information can be read easily enough.

If you are after a pod, give the Boost some serious consideration!

Last edited:
I've been a member of this forum for a while and after quitting in 2016, i've started again to return to some relief the tabs used to give when stressed at work. Obviously, the tabs would be a bad start (not to mention expensive), so took to vaping again a short while ago.

Started back with a Nord pod to ease back in, then shinyitis caught hold every time i popped into the local Nisa at lunchtime (which also happens to be Washington Vapes), so i've ended up with a few tanks and devices now.

I decided, the Nord would primerily be a pocket device to have a quick break at work, but found the flavour lacking a bit. Thinking it was the liquid, i changed to a different one, but the flavour still tasted muted. Decided then to get an RPM40, and that made improvements thanks to the variable wattage, then i see a review of the new Aegis Boost on the POTV front page making the bold claim that its the best pod system for flavour, and another great feature (at least for me) of a tip cap.

I couldn't help but order one and see for myself. Well, it arrived today, and set about charging it up for first use, and priming the 0.4 ohm DTL coil. The pod is rather awkward to fill, since you can't really see the liquid level inside, and if you fill it on a flat surface, the inner construction of the pod causes air pockets meaning you can't get a full fill unless you tip it 90 degrees so the fill hole is the highest point of the pod.

Left it 3 minutes as instructed for the coil to prime, and slowly ramped up the wattage til I got to 30w. At this point, i will say this thing chucks vapour for a small device and the flavour is unreal! It's far better than the Nord and RPM40, £30 well spent in my opinion, and is handling 80VG no problem!

The only thing i don't like, is the rubberised portion of the grip. Its a lint/dust magnet, ensuring any lint in your pocket is taken with it when you take the device out. The screen is a bit small too, but the important information can be read easily enough.

If you are after a pod, give the Boost some serious consideration!
Hi mate. I dont have that device but do have an Aegis Solo. Agree with the dust lint bit about it being like a magnet to that with the rubberised section. One thing I have noticed after using it for a little while now is that it doesn't pick up as much now as it did when it was new. Seems with handling the suface must smooth off a touch making it do that less. The only part that does it like before is the top section around the 510 which doesn't get handled. In time, not too long, it should pick up less than when you first got it. :thumbup:

Well, a day with it so far and the flavour is still great, however, this thing seems to have a leak somewhere as there's liquid around the cap, and under the pod on the inside of the mod. I thought yesterday was a one off when i noticed it the first time thinking it was due to a bit of overspill under the fill cap, but i cleaned that lot up last night, and its still doing it.

Bit disappointing so far. Of all my other tanks and devices (except the crap Cleito Exo), i've not had any signs of leakage. But, this is the second GeekVape product i've owned in the last 3 years, and its continuing the leaking trend (just like the griffin rta).

I'm going to try a new pod and see if it resolves the problem because I really want this to be successful. If its not, then i'll stick with the RPM40 as my pocket device :(

Not sure what it could be. Is the coil sealing the pod properly?

Its sealed in there pretty well as far as i can tell, I've ordered some more coils which should arrive next week, so i'll give it a bash then.

I was the one that did the review for the front end, I found filling wise is best on a 45 degree angle ensuring the bung is well out of the way, I don't get any spillage or airlocks though?

I did find it awkward the first couple of times but soon got used to it.

Leaking wise is an odd one, only thing I can think is the coil in square? (as in are the 2 flat edges are seated in the aperture (if that makes sense?)
The Pod would be a potential to leak as it's a multi piece snap fit, I had a duff pod on an Artery Pal 2 which had an internal gasket not sealing.

Hopefully the new pods will be okay for you.

My second one arrived yesterday, it was a 2ml TPD one with a silicone bung inside, filling that was a horror story, the bung gets in the way and can't see your juice at all, removed the bung after a lot of wrestling it out so it's now 3.7ml, no leaks so far but I will keep an eye on my 2 and see if it happens.

Keep us posted how you get on, the 0.6ohm coil is also good for DTL as well as MTL.

Its sealed in there pretty well as far as i can tell, I've ordered some more coils which should arrive next week, so i'll give it a bash then.
Just googled the coils and they are the newer push n use type. I had issues with that type in a OFRF tank. Leaked like a sieve. My Aegis Zues with the same is no problem. I did get a recommendation, not from here, to pre lube the seals with a bit of juice on the finger before fitting them. The reason was they said that dry they can roll and mess up the seal. Now, I did that and it made no difference, but was told it did with others. I wont write an epic on what I think was the problem with the OF rrrrrrrrF, but maybe you could try that with your coils. Might be nothing to do with the real issue but worth a try and would take just a few seconds. :thumbup:

I ordered one on Friday from Vaping101, £29.99 and a couple of 3.7ml pods from efuntop today, so we'll see how it goes.
I blame @Vapaneezer Scrooge because of his great review. My PAL2 Pro pod leaks as well Si, 3ml one I got from FT.
It's not enough to spoil a good vape though....;)

I ordered one on Friday from Vaping101, £29.99 and a couple of 3.7ml pods from efuntop today, so we'll see how it goes.
I blame @Vapaneezer Scrooge because of his great review. My PAL2 Pro pod leaks as well Si, 3ml one I got from FT.
It's not enough to spoil a good vape though....;)

Must be a dodgy pod. Haven't noticed leaks in my Pal.

Back
Top Bottom