What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Advice Required

Hi folks, have been a member on here for a while, posted for a little while when I quit smoking a year or 2 ago, but ultimately I failed, however, I am trying again, and as we speak, am 6 weeks off the cigs again, but my Joytech AIO's are not really cutting it anymore, I was given a Innokin Cool Fire IV, with a iSub VE tank.

Little more advanced than my basic AIO's, basically, I am looking for some advice on what wattage I should set it at, as I haven't a clue, it's a 0.5ohm coil that is in it, and the mouthpiece is rather big, think it's DTL, which I don't really like, but need to try something new, as like I said, the AIO's are not cutting it now.

So really, what wattage should it be set at, should I have airflow fully or partially open? Is it okay to use TECC 50/50 juice in it, any replies will as ever, be hugely appreciated.

I run a 0.5 at around 19w's with more of a mtl tip narrower and it dies the job nicely and as for airflow either fully open or closed halfway but it's a case what suits one person might not be good for you so I would just try different options on the airflow part and try a different size of driptip and the juice maybe a bit thin for a 0.5 but should work fine otherwise maybe a 60/40 would be better

I suggest you set the air flow to suit your own preference for resistance and then start vaping at a low power and ramp up the watts by a few watts at a time until you get a vape you like the taste/feel of.
I tend to vape sub ohm coils/devices at significantly lower watts than many rarely using more than 30w, other folk will vape at 80+w so there is no right or wrong way to go about it just what works for you.. Vaping with a 0.46 ohm coil atm @19w very nice thank u ;)

Don't know if this will help, (had a little looksie)

The coilfire lV has a max output of 40w. The 0.5 ohm isub coil is best between 30 - 60w. So the obvious is the coilfire is slightly under powered for those coils if you want crank it up.
But all is not lost.
Since your new to vaping (technically), I would get some of the 2.0 ohm coils for that tank. They run at between 10 - 16w, and will happily run on 50/50 juice (12- 18mg recommended). Restrict the airflow, and you should be able to emulate MTL with it quite nicely.
Hope that helps a little, and best of luck on your journey.

Thanks for the replies folks, unfortunately the Coolfire IV was a disaster, I primed the Coil and filled the tank correctly, or at least I thought I did, the thing started leaking quite badly, from the airflow area! So that's been put to the side for the moment, got myself a Cool Fire Mini with the Zenith tank, using that at 14w with 3 airholes, seems to be working well at the moment. Have the 1.6ohm in it.

Thanks for the replies folks, unfortunately the Coolfire IV was a disaster, I primed the Coil and filled the tank correctly, or at least I thought I did, the thing started leaking quite badly, from the airflow area! So that's been put to the side for the moment, got myself a Cool Fire Mini with the Zenith tank, using that at 14w with 3 airholes, seems to be working well at the moment. Have the 1.6ohm in it.
Just a quick tip, always make sure you shut off the airflow before you fill the tank. It helps create a vacuum in the tank which helps prevent leaking. This could have been what happened previously, might not have been but always worth remembering!

You can also put your Zenith on the larger Coolfire when your mini is charging.

Back
Top Bottom