What's new

Advice Please - Vaperesso

PinkPanda300

Hiya Guys and Gals,

Firstly thank you for letting me join the forum and I am wondering if you can help a gal out or point her in the right direction. I find the vape world a little overwhelming at times.

I have recently upgraded my vape. I was previously using a Smok V9 but have moved to a Vaporesso Gen Mod and Falcon 2 tank.

Things were going great and was really enjoying my new vape experience for the first 3 weeks. But I have noticed in the last week the tank is getting extremely hot. To the point I have burnt myself and the quality of the vape not as satisfying.

I'm not too clued up on the ins and outs of the settings on this mod. I currently have it set to pulse mode. Vaping at 50w. Using falcon coils dual mesh 0.14 70-75w. I have checked the tank is set up correctly, changed the coils although they are not burning out. I'm running out of ideas what could be causing this.

I currently us driphacks for juice.

Any ideas please.

PinkPanda.

Hiya Guys and Gals,

Firstly thank you for letting me join the forum and I am wondering if you can help a gal out or point her in the right direction. I find the vape world a little overwhelming at times.

I have recently upgraded my vape. I was previously using a Smok V9 but have moved to a Vaporesso Gen Mod and Falcon 2 tank.

Things were going great and was really enjoying my new vape experience for the first 3 weeks. But I have noticed in the last week the tank is getting extremely hot. To the point I have burnt myself and the quality of the vape not as satisfying.

I'm not too clued up on the ins and outs of the settings on this mod. I currently have it set to pulse mode. Vaping at 50w. Using falcon coils dual mesh 0.14 70-75w. I have checked the tank is set up correctly, changed the coils although they are not burning out. I'm running out of ideas what could be causing this.

I currently us driphacks for juice.

Any ideas please.

PinkPanda.
I'm at a loss tbh as everything youve described seems okay.
One thing new vapers do often though is struggle to align pressing the fire button with tooting.
By that i mean if you leave your finger on the fire button after you've stopped tooting it will leave the coils in the tank hot.
Practice taking your finger off the fire button for a split second before you stop drawing as this will pass a very short blast of cool air over the coils at the end of the draw which helps keep everything cool.

I'm at a loss tbh as everything youve described seems okay.
One thing new vapers do often though is struggle to align pressing the fire button with tooting.
By that i mean if you leave your finger on the fire button after you've stopped tooting it will leave the coils in the tank hot.
Practice taking your finger off the fire button for a split second before you stop drawing as this will pass a very short blast of cool air over the coils at the end of the draw which helps keep everything cool.

Thank You for your reply. I really appreciate it and will give it a try.

One thing I did notice the ohm reading in the mod was showing anywhere between 0.7-1.4. My coils are 0.14. Maybe this is the problem.

In my frustration I have put my old smok tank on the mod and surprisingly all seems to be working ok and ohms reading correctly. I'm wondering if I have a dodgy falcon tank. Is that possible? I've heard nothing but great reviews about them so will be bitterly disappointed if that is the case.

Hi @PinkPanda300 and welcome to the planet.
the tanks can get a bit hot if you chain vape and take a long drag. i use 50w with both my gen mods. ive not got the falcon 2 but do have the falcon king and it can get quite warm but ive got so many mods in rotation im changing to a different flavour quite often so mine have time to cool down.
maybe try it in normal wattage mode and not pulse to see if that makes any difference.

Thank You for your reply. I really appreciate it and will give it a try.

One thing I did notice the ohm reading in the mod was showing anywhere between 0.7-1.4. My coils are 0.14. Maybe this is the problem.

In my frustration I have put my old smok tank on the mod and surprisingly all seems to be working ok and ohms reading correctly. I'm wondering if I have a dodgy falcon tank. Is that possible? I've heard nothing but great reviews about them so will be bitterly disappointed if that is the case.
If the ohms are fluctuating that much there is probably something wrong.
Dodgy coil or not assembled correctly somewhere.

Hi @PinkPanda300 and welcome to the planet.
the tanks can get a bit hot if you chain vape and take a long drag. i use 50w with both my gen mods. ive not got the falcon 2 but do have the falcon king and it can get quite warm but ive got so many mods in rotation im changing to a different flavour quite often so mine have time to cool down.
maybe try it in normal wattage mode and not pulse to see if that makes any difference.

Thank You. I have just tried normal wattage instead of pulse. 3 puffs red hot and a less powerful hit. 4s per drag I'm baffled

try taking the tank off, hit fire button, put back on and press Y for new coil and see if that does anything.

If the ohms are fluctuating that much there is probably something wrong.
Dodgy coil or not assembled correctly somewhere.

I did wonder if this may be the case. But i have tried 3 coils now over the space of the week and problem persists. Coils were not from the same batch either.

try taking the tank off, hit fire button, put back on and press Y for new coil and see if that does anything.

Ohms dropped for 0.42 to 0.24. When I take the falcon tank off there is residue between the tank and the mod. I don't get this with the smok tank.

Back
Top Bottom