What's new

Advice On MTL Set Up For New Vaper

Triple Sub

Postman
Hi

A colleague of mine is about to switch to vaping. I am keen to avoid him getting something rubbish and then returning to cigarettes.

He currently smokes roll ups and if 1 = infrequent smoker and 10 = Heavy chain smoker, I would rate him a 7.5

Ideally I would like him to have something decent.

Ideally but not realistic I suppose and not critically, with a mod he can still use if he moves on to sub ohm vaping.

I realise that's a tall order though and we might be better off just getting him a good starter kit. But which one?

I won't consider anything by Innokin because my first kit was an Innokin Endura and it was horrible. I joked that it got the name Endura because users had to 'endure a' burnt taste when they vaped.

So I am thinking something by Eleaf? Or Aspire? Doesn't have to be those makes but it will need to be something fairly mainstream so it's easy to get coils (that was another struggle with the Endura)

Ideally not with a Nautilus 2 tank please because mine (although 10 times better than the Endura's "Prism" (prison?) tank) was a pain to refill, leaked and the coils were poor.

One of those fat pen set ups might be suitable but no idea which.

I don't know what pods are, so I probably would steer away from those.

There we are. Your thoughts are most appreciated.

Freemax fireluke 22 tank is best MTL tank I've had comes with the freemax twister 30w pen kit or freemax 50w kit little internal 2000mah box mod also the vapporesso GTX one kit aas a great MTL tank on a nice little mod mate

With the maxus 50w it comes with sub ohm/RDL coils for whenever he wants to make the move the 1.5ohm MTL coils are brillisnt

Would agree with @Sam Andrews . Good choices. Would probably go for the 50 watt box mod version as it would give more options in the future.
Other than that there are some decent pod kits out there now. Let us know if you want more info on them.

Hi

A colleague of mine is about to switch to vaping. I am keen to avoid him getting something rubbish and then returning to cigarettes.

He currently smokes roll ups and if 1 = infrequent smoker and 10 = Heavy chain smoker, I would rate him a 7.5

Ideally I would like him to have something decent.

Ideally but not realistic I suppose and not critically, with a mod he can still use if he moves on to sub ohm vaping.

I realise that's a tall order though and we might be better off just getting him a good starter kit. But which one?

I won't consider anything by Innokin because my first kit was an Innokin Endura and it was horrible. I joked that it got the name Endura because users had to 'endure a' burnt taste when they vaped.

So I am thinking something by Eleaf? Or Aspire? Doesn't have to be those makes but it will need to be something fairly mainstream so it's easy to get coils (that was another struggle with the Endura)

Ideally not with a Nautilus 2 tank please because mine (although 10 times better than the Endura's "Prism" (prison?) tank) was a pain to refill, leaked and the coils were poor.

One of those fat pen set ups might be suitable but no idea which.

I don't know what pods are, so I probably would steer away from those.

There we are. Your thoughts are most appreciated.
I use the innokin t 18 ii for work and never had any problems with it.Coils last ages and produce good flavour.Aspire pockex is ok too.Just recently I have bought the fireluke 22 tank but am still undecided on if I like it or not,coils dont seem to be lasting that long either.Gtx18 tank is ok as is the Aspire gt tank.As for a mod I have a Geek aegis mini which I cant fault aswell as my eleaf t80 istick mod.These are what I would reccomend.....eleaf mod with gt tank or geek mod with vaperesso gtx 18 tank/fireluke 22.

@Tone77 what fireluke 22 coils are you using mate? 1.5 I get about 2 weeks decent flavour from them
1.5's also.Its hard to say exactly how long they last as I use other tanks aswell, doesn't seem to me that they last many fill ups.What wattage do you use with them?

1.5's also.Its hard to say exactly how long they last as I use other tanks aswell, doesn't seem to me that they last many fill ups.What wattage do you use with them?
Ahh okay that's fair enough I use my daily and get about 2 weeks sometimes just over mate and I use them at 11/13W bud

Hi @Triple Sub,

It sounds like you've been vaping a while so you should bear in mind thing have moved on a lot now. @Innokin's Kroma-Z and Sensis both have great coils and would make excellent choices for a first vape, but if you're absolutely determined not to have an Innokin then I'd recommend you take a look at the @Vaporesso PX80 Swag.

The new @VOOPOO Drag-X Plus mod is also worth considering, but a beginner should probably start with the MTL pod and PNP coils rather than the new TPP ones.

Best wishes.

Ahh okay that's fair enough I use my daily and get about 2 weeks sometimes just over mate and I use them at 11/13W bud
I've just put a new coil in so I'm going to keep tabs on how long this one lasts.Dont think I went over 12w though on the previous one.

Back
Top Bottom