What's new

A guide on calculating amp load using a regulated mod.

Havent delved much into dual/triple mods, But thinking im going to buy a predator. So by this, If I were to use two Samsung 30Qs in it, The safest wattage I can go to is 110W? I generally dont go past 45ish anyway - but like to push to 65 -75 on occasion

It's not really set in stone, it was more of a quick guideline the recommended wattages I wrote. Amp load is highest at cut off voltage (or just before, as the mod won't work once it hits cut off).

Assuming the mod cuts off at 3.1V per cell, 110W at 90% efficiency would bring you too 19.71A max. Most of the time, the amp load will be lower than this as they are not constantly at this low of a voltage so you can run a bit higher.

For 75W though, the 30Q is more than capable and safe in a dual 18650 setup.

I got so confused for the longest time trying to understand the calculation of watts law. I read your post here, JustSayNotoDiacetyl's post on reddit, and both of Mooch's posts on reddit and ECF and just couldn't get it. I had to talk to mooch personally to fully understand the equation and how it worked. I gotta thank Mooch for all his help in my knowledge in all I know about batteries and reg mods for the most part. That is for the posy Conan!

I got so confused for the longest time trying to understand the calculation of watts law. I read your post here, JustSayNotoDiacetyl's post on reddit, and both of Mooch's posts on reddit and ECF and just couldn't get it. I had to talk to mooch personally to fully understand the equation and how it worked. I gotta thank Mooch for all his help in my knowledge in all I know about batteries and reg mods for the most part. That is for the posy Conan!

I am sorry the guides didn't help in this case, it can be a bit hard to grasp for sure. Mooch is a cool guy though, and has always answered my questions, and I am glad he helped you understand this fully :).

The good thing with a regulated mod though, is as long as you aren't running at insane power levels, things are kept safe for you. I know I wouldn't of started to vape properly if it wasn't for regulated mods, very user friendly.

I've seen a lot of sellers online state that there batteries are 20/30A - What exactly does this mean? Surely it has to be one or the other?

I've seen a lot of sellers online state that there batteries are 20/30A - What exactly does this mean? Surely it has to be one or the other?

that'll be 20/30a is 20 amp constant,( as in on for a long period) and a rather vague "pulse" rating (as in an alternating off and on , with a break in between

the thing with pulse ratings, often dont state the the length of the pulse or time in between them

that'll be 20/30a is 20 amp constant,( as in on for a long period) and a rather vague "pulse" rating (as in an alternating off and on , with a break in between

the thing with pulse ratings, often dont state the the length of the pulse or time in between them

Okay, that does make more sense. Sorry I'm kind of trying educate myself more on battery safety, as it is something I've neglected to learn.

So for example, I have a Smok G Priv with the smok cloud beast tank. The coil is the TFV8 0.15 coil. I usually vape around 110Watts.

The batteries I have are:

LG HG2 18650 Battery - High Drain 20/30A 3000mAh rechargeable flat top battery. I'm going to assume given the information above in the first post, that the batteries I've got are within the safe limits for my current use?

Okay, that does make more sense. Sorry I'm kind of trying educate myself more on battery safety, as it is something I've neglected to learn.

So for example, I have a Smok G Priv with the smok cloud beast tank. The coil is the TFV8 0.15 coil. I usually vape around 110Watts.

The batteries I have are:

LG HG2 18650 Battery - High Drain 20/30A 3000mAh rechargeable flat top battery. I'm going to assume given the information above in the first post, that the batteries I've got are within the safe limits for my current use?

yeah, they are fine in your regulated mod

yeah, they are fine in your regulated mod

Yeah I thought so. Sorry for the questions. Just trying to get a better understanding. A lot of guides online do like to go into a lot of the technicalities and when you're just starting to look into this, it can be a bit mind-boggling at first.

Thanks.

Yeah I thought so. Sorry for the questions. Just trying to get a better understanding. A lot of guides online do like to go into a lot of the technicalities and when you're just starting to look into this, it can be a bit mind-boggling at first.

Thanks.

no worries, always good to learn a little especially about batteries, theres always someone about that'll try and answer questions if they can, can be a little overwhelming at first, check out mooch on FB or ECF , he's usually pretty good at explaining stuff

Back
Top Bottom