What's new

306 Dripping Atty

Vapemonkey1980

Achiever
I was in danger of highjacking someone else's thread so thought i would start my own to clarify a couple of things.

These seem a good way of testing juices, i just want to check i have it right.

Do you effectively just drip a couple of drops directly on the bridge, give it a second and crack on? Or is there some art form to it?

I keep seeing places selling drip shields. What be those? Are they handy, necessary or largely decorative?

Lastly, I'm guessing at a fiver they are just "throw away" items? What sort of use would you get out of a 1.5 ohm beastie as an example?

Cheers in advance

Robin

Ive been using the same 306 now for going on 3 months, wash, dry, use again.

Drip shields are essentially so you can use 510 driptips, unless you get 306 specific drip tips. DO NOT USE the lil black cap that it comes with! Thats just a cover, now a tip!

I was in danger of highjacking someone else's thread so thought i would start my own to clarify a couple of things.

These seem a good way of testing juices, i just want to check i have it right.

Do you effectively just drip a couple of drops directly on the bridge, give it a second and crack on? Or is there some art form to it?

I keep seeing places selling drip shields. What be those? Are they handy, necessary or largely decorative?

Lastly, I'm guessing at a fiver they are just "throw away" items? What sort of use would you get out of a 1.5 ohm beastie as an example?

Cheers in advance

Robin

Great question Robin, in a nutshell yes drip a couple of drops and vape till flavour drop, the drip shield is designed to stop the liquid spitting all over the place as they sizzle when heated, as for the throw away item some people have run them for a considerable length of time with regular cleaning but in essence the same sort of life expectancy should be expected as say a boge or a nova head.

Is dripping for everyone? Well I found it good but not something I would do on a regular basis, great flavour and a way to sample different liquids on a quick rotation but I am a creature of habit and tend to stick with one liquid at a time so a tank suits my needs.

Would I recommend dripping? Absolutely horses for courses and its a doddle to set up and drip away and you never know you may prefer dripping to mass storage

Great question Robin, in a nutshell yes drip a couple of drops and vape till flavour drop, the drip shield is designed to stop the liquid spitting all over the place as they sizzle when heated, as for the throw away item some people have run them for a considerable length of time with regular cleaning but in essence the same sort of life expectancy should be expected as say a boge or a nova head.

Is dripping for everyone? Well I found it good but not something I would do on a regular basis, great flavour and a way to sample different liquids on a quick rotation but I am a creature of habit and tend to stick with one liquid at a time so a tank suits my needs.

Would I recommend dripping? Absolutely horses for courses and its a doddle to set up and drip away and you never know you may prefer dripping to mass storage

Nice one mate, cheers.

I figure for 5 quid it would be nice to have something that I can pull out of retirement at any moment and test stuff on.... especially polycarb tank eaters to see if it's worth emptying the protank for (when i get it)

I think you have pretty much covered what I needed to know :thumbsup::thankyou:

Just drip a few drips (3 or 4) & vape. runs out quick so need to drip a few drips again. They will leak a bit (306DCA will stop the leaking, the 306 fits inside it, Cloud9 sell the DCA's in the UK)

Canon 306 driptip, 306 dripping atty, & ego battery (& a vivi nova on the right for comparison)
egoc306attyvivinova.jpg

Dripshield is for a 510 dripping atty, which is like a DCT or cartomiser without the filling & uses a standard 510 driptip

...DO NOT USE the lil black cap that it comes with! Thats just a cover...
2013-04-05%252002.44.42.jpg

Just out of interest Mr Monkey I use these to try juices too and it's much, much easier than loading a clearo only to find you don't like it etc'. I can try out a new batch of juice in seconds and I use exactly the same set up as Ssscrudddy but I would suggest two things - 1. to buy a 'bridgeless' atty as for me they seem a little more effective and 2. make sure you don't use a battery any lower than a 650 as it'll ruin the battery. Cheers pal. P.S. Be warned - the taste is soooooooooo much better than any other form of vaping and it will spoil you.

Tesla tester it is :)

Gotta love this place... Especially as sod all comes with instructions worth a flying....but I digress ;)

Got my bridged 306 atty from ECW this morning.....

Tis fooking AWESOME!

Dripped a bit of VR KY4 on it, and the angels sang, Jesus wept and Satan had a shifty shuffle in the corner where nobody was watching!

For those moments when you don't mind faffing about in favour of flavour, I think this may be a must!

Cheers for the advice one and all :D

Got my bridged 306 atty from ECW this morning.....

Tis fooking AWESOME!

Dripped a bit of VR KY4 on it, and the angels sang, Jesus wept and Satan had a shifty shuffle in the corner where nobody was watching!

For those moments when you don't mind faffing about in favour of flavour, I think this may be a must!

Cheers for the advice one and all :D
Ive got some coming today too, so I'm even more excited now :D

Back
Top Bottom