What's new

250ml DIY Shortfill Question?

Thanks mate, Lee’s new MTL range has been working well for me so think I may give the 50/50 a whirl and see how I get on

If you aren't sure you could always mix up a 60ml bottle first just to make sure it's going to be OK for you .... then just add 30ml of nic to what you have left.

He says he usually puts 10ml in a 50ml to make 60ml of 12mg, so based on that I presumed what he has. ;)
Oh yes, I missed that bit. On that figure it has to be the 4x strength nic.

i think he was using the 1 nic shot as an example to show it makes 3mg.
he says he adds 15 bottles so i guess 15 x 18or20mg nic shots which will totally dilute the original flavour.

i think he was using the 1 nic shot as an example to show it makes 3mg.
he says he adds 15 bottles so i guess 15 x 18or20mg nic shots which will totally dilute the original flavour.
if this is what he is doing then he would need a bottle shot rather than a shortfill......add the nic shots then top up with pg/vg:hmm:

As I only MTL, would it be best to get it in 70/30 or 50/50 ratio??? ATM when I get shortfills there more often than not 70/30 but they offer a 50/50 option.
I’m thinking doing it this way will be significantly cheaper than buying the equivalent in normal shortfills & there are a few flavours I quite like from Brews Bros

If you’re adding PG nic, then I would buy 210ml 70/30 personally. That makes your end liquid a little more VG weighted. If you buy the 50/50 version, your end liquid if more PG weighted - so it’s personal preference really. Both should be fine for mtl.

So @MrDJ @Simon G @Richard Winter @Squidgy it would be perfectly fine to buy a 250ml shortfill which has 210ml of liquid in it and put 40ml of my own PG based Nic in to there or there abouts achieve 12mg.

As I only MTL, would it be best to get it in 70/30 or 50/50 ratio??? ATM when I get shortfills there more often than not 70/30 but they offer a 50/50 option.
I’m thinking doing it this way will be significantly cheaper than buying the equivalent in normal shortfills & there are a few flavours I quite like from Brews Bros
Yes it will be fine adding ur 40ml nic to 210ml juice to get 250ml at 12mg strength.
If your buying a 50:50 ratio, adding 40ml of PG nic will result in an overal ratio of 58PG : 42VG.
If your buying a 70VG : 30PG, adding 40ml of PG nic will end up with a ratio of 41PG :59VG.
If your buying a 30VG : 70PG, adding 40ml of PG nic will end up with a ratio of 75PG : 25VG.
Hope that helps mate.

Sorry @Tobytyke , I forgot to say buying a 50/50 will raise the PG content of your overal mix slightly by the ratio I said to 58% PG
Buying 70vg/30pg will lower ur overal mix ratio to 41% PG.
Either is fine, just depends on the over ratio you would prefer.

Sorry @Tobytyke , I forgot to say buying a 50/50 will raise the PG content of your overal mix slightly by the ratio I said to 58% PG
Buying 70vg/30pg will lower ur overal mix ratio to 41% PG.
Either is fine, just depends on the over ratio you would prefer.

Thanks for taking the time to reply buddy,
Just need to make my mind up on what ratio to get now...,

Thanks for taking the time to reply buddy,
Just need to make my mind up on what ratio to get now...,
No worries mate, glad to help.
The ratio can play a part depending on the tank/coil your using. As you mentioned your a MTL vaper. If your using a pod device then your better off with a 50%or higher PG content so it saturated the wick better. Cloud chasers prefer a higher VG content.
I myself normally mix around the 50/50. Best of both worlds.

No worries mate, glad to help.
The ratio can play a part depending on the tank/coil your using. As you mentioned your a MTL vaper. If your using a pod device then your better off with a 50%or higher PG content so it saturated the wick better. Cloud chasers prefer a higher VG content.
I myself normally mix around the 50/50. Best of both worlds.

I religiously use my Doggystyles only so they should be fine. However I recently bought a Fireluke 22 as I read a lot of good things about it. Not set that up yet though

I religiously use my Doggystyles only so they should be fine. However I recently bought a Fireluke 22 as I read a lot of good things about it. Not set that up yet though
That's good then, u can build whatever you like on it.
I have a Fireluke 22 Resin tank, really like it, gives really good flavor and a great vape. I mainly mix around the 50/50 mark as I prefer the throat hit and vapor it gives at this mix.
Only thing I can say, depending on the wattage ur using, 12mg strength is pretty high. I tend to alternate anywhere between 3mg and 6mg. The only time I increase the nic strength is if I'm using a low powered pod, I tend to find I need a bit more nic at those lower wattage.

Back
Top Bottom