What's new

250ml DIY Shortfill Question?

Tobytyke

Achiever
Looking for a bit of advice about this. I don’t do DIY mixing & not really interested either. However Brews Bros 250ml shortfills come in a variety of options. I’m a MTL vaper @ 12mg so if I purchased one @ 70/30 & filled upto 210ml. Would adding 40ml of my own Nick give me the required strength I’m looking for???

Or do I order 50/50 ratio filled to 250ml then decant 50ml into a 60ml & add 10ml nic like I usually do widen I buy shortfills.

I’ve attached a link as a reference & hope it kinda makes sense what I’m asking

https://www.thebrewsbros.co.uk/products/dragons-glass-250ml-shortfill

TIA.... Lee

Looking for a bit of advice about this. I don’t do DIY mixing & not really interested either. However Brews Bros 250ml shortfills come in a variety of options. I’m a MTL vaper @ 12mg so if I purchased one @ 70/30 & filled upto 210ml. Would adding 40ml of my own Nick give me the required strength I’m looking for???

I use Drip Hacks, but its the same principle, you would need to add 150ml (15 bottles) of 20mg Nic Salt to get a strength of 12mg. so you would only fill up to 100ml before adding the Nic.

Edit: FYI adding 1 x 20mg Nic Shot to a 50ml shortfill will only give you a strength of 3mg

Last edited:
think your round about right @Tobytyke but this list has been slightly out in the past so best wait for others that use 72%

72 chart.jpg

It's close enough... my calculator says

41.667 ml

43.093 grams

(which lines up with DJ's 41.7ml)

Or do I order 50/50 ratio filled to 250ml then decant 50ml into a 60ml & add 10ml nic like I usually do widen I buy shortfills.

I’ve attached a link as a reference & hope it kinda makes sense what I’m asking

https://www.thebrewsbros.co.uk/products/dragons-glass-250ml-shortfill

TIA.... Lee
The amount of nicotine needed to achieve your desired nic strength of 12mg depends on the strength of the base nicotine your adding. You mentioned your own nicotine......what is its base strength? If your talking about nic shots of 18mg or 20mg that would equate to a lot of bottles to get the strength you want which will destroy the shortfill flavour.
If your base nicotine is a lot higher than 20mg then @MrDJ and @Simon G answer is right if the base nic is 4x the strength of 18mg.

The amount of nicotine needed to achieve your desired nic strength of 12mg depends on the strength of the base nicotine your adding. You mentioned your own nicotine......what is its base strength? If your talking about nic shots of 18mg or 20mg that would equate to a lot of bottles to get the strength you want which will destroy the shortfill flavour.
If your base nicotine is a lot higher than 20mg then @MrDJ and @Simon G answer is right if the base nic is 4x the strength of 18mg.

He says he usually puts 10ml in a 50ml to make 60ml of 12mg, so based on that I presumed what he has. ;)

So @MrDJ @Simon G @Richard Winter @Squidgy it would be perfectly fine to buy a 250ml shortfill which has 210ml of liquid in it and put 40ml of my own PG based Nic in to there or there abouts achieve 12mg.

As I only MTL, would it be best to get it in 70/30 or 50/50 ratio??? ATM when I get shortfills there more often than not 70/30 but they offer a 50/50 option.
I’m thinking doing it this way will be significantly cheaper than buying the equivalent in normal shortfills & there are a few flavours I quite like from Brews Bros

So @MrDJ @Simon G @Richard Winter @Squidgy it would be perfectly fine to buy a 250ml shortfill which has 210ml of liquid in it and put 40ml of my own PG based Nic in to there or there abouts achieve 12mg.

As I only MTL, would it be best to get it in 70/30 or 50/50 ratio??? ATM when I get shortfills there more often than not 70/30 but they offer a 50/50 option.
I’m thinking doing it this way will be significantly cheaper than buying the equivalent in normal shortfills & there are a few flavours I quite like from Brews Bros

Yes.... and

I don't know the exact ratio numbers but adding PG based nic to 70/30 works fine for MTL for me. You could get the 50/50 too but you'll end up with a higher PG mix, which is also fine (I've done it before) but if you have a 'thing' about PG then you might not like it. :D

Either will 'work' it really depends if you'd rather have a little more VG or a little more PG.

Yes.... and

I don't know the exact ratio numbers but adding PG based nic to 70/30 works fine for MTL for me. You could get the 50/50 too but you'll end up with a higher PG mix, which is also fine (I've done it before) but if you have a 'thing' about PG then you might not like it. :D

Either will 'work' it really depends if you'd rather have a little more VG or a little more PG.

Thanks mate, Lee’s new MTL range has been working well for me so think I may give the 50/50 a whirl and see how I get on

Back
Top Bottom