What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

21700 mechanical tubes?

Yeah, guess there's not much else in regards to choice. Dreamer it is then.

18650 - i have unused 30Ts, that's why i'm looking. ;)
I've got a real boner for the new Kennedy Vindicator 21700 but it's a hybrid - I'm pretty certain that a Kayfun 5 is fine for hybrid use, I've only got access to the Kayfun 5 mini by SXK but it has a protruding 510 pin; It could protrude further tbh (they're the Wife's and she has three of them) but I'd be fine using them on a hybrid.

Another to look at is the Stattqualm mechanic - does a variety of batteries including 21700 and comes with a 25-22mm reducer so it looks good with 22mm tanks, but again it's a hybrid.

I've got a real boner for the new Kennedy Vindicator 21700 but it's a hybrid - I'm pretty certain that a Kayfun 5 is fine for hybrid use, I've only got access to the Kayfun 5 mini by SXK but it has a protruding 510 pin; It could protrude further tbh (they're the Wife's and she has three of them) but I'd be fine using them on a hybrid.

Another to look at is the Stattqualm mechanic - does a variety of batteries including 21700 and comes with a 25-22mm reducer so it looks good with 22mm tanks, but again it's a hybrid.

I actually looked at the SQ Mecanic, and i love the design - i don't love that firing button, according to reviews/notes etc, if you don't press it dead center, it won't fire.

edit: my Kayfun is actually a prime - but the tube is for a GT4.

I actually looked at the SQ Mecanic, and i love the design - i don't love that firing button, according to reviews/notes etc, if you don't press it dead center, it won't fire.

edit: my Kayfun is actually a prime - but the tube is for a GT4.
Mark Todd says it fires 99.8% of the time ;) I'm more concerned that they recommend 0.3 as the minimum build on a tube that can take 21700, and if you build lower than that the button starts to get warm - no big deal if you never plan to go low but I think they missed a trick by not catering to those who would like to take full advantage of the performance that 21700 can provide.

The GT4 is hybrid safe so no worries on that front.

0.3 is lower than i intend to build, although it kind of is a downside in case i do want to do them big clouds and stuff. I of course still have my regulated devices, but considering how paranoid i be especially in the beginning (something's hot? must be venting!), a hot fire button might not be the greatest thing. The Dreamer is also priced in a way where it isn't that big a deal if i don't stick with it - it's still my first mech, today i tried nic salts for the first time and i absolutely can't do that either for some reason (i was under the impression that it hasn't that big a throat hit - the 20mg nic salt is so, SO much worse than the 8mg freebase i usually use). So basically, wasted £15 on a bottle of that.

First try on the tube will be my GT4 clone though (in the garden), if it blows up, at least i only melt the clone. My drippers, i currently only have the Bonza available since my future wife took my Recurve - problem there is that the negative post is wobbly, can twist it around 5 degrees in both directions - not gonna put that on a mechanic mod. Second Recurve is coming though.

I don't get you - it's designed to take them, they fit fine & come with alternate pins to do so, and I have one here I've been using with the Vapecell 21700 30T rewrap in it...?
Some listings mention it, some don't.
Yes I'm saying VC state it.

Ie if you had a problem with machining, the reply could be "we didn't say 2x700 fitted"

A website stating it does, can't come back with that.

Last edited:
Yes I'm saying VC state it.

Ie if you had a problem with machining, the reply could be "we didn't say 2x700 fitted"

A website stating it does, can't come back with that.

Well you could just point out that on the box it comes in it explicitly states: "Use high discharge non re-wrap quality brand 18650/20700/21700 batteries."
Your post makes it look like I'm lying and suggesting the OP run it "out of spec" which is not only wrong - it's annoying and has steered him towards a hybrid which he didn't initially want. There are no problems running a 21700 in it, in fact it's all I've run in it for months. Machining is fine too, fwiw.

I probably wouldn't run a clone GT4 on a hybrid unless the pin protrudes more than the authentic's 510. One of which I'll stick on the Nato and photograph if the OP wants to see how it looks.

Well you could just point out that on the box it comes in it explicitly states: "Use high discharge non re-wrap quality brand 18650/20700/21700 batteries."
Your post makes it look like I'm lying and suggesting the OP run it "out of spec" which is not only wrong - it's annoying and has steered him towards a hybrid which he didn't initially want. There are no problems running a 21700 in it, in fact it's all I've run in it for months. Machining is fine too, fwiw.
So because I've linked to the manufacturer directly, who does state it is 2x700 on the website. Which it is, that another vendor doesn't... Means I've made out you're lieing? Right...

Back
Top Bottom