What's new

21700 mechanical tubes?

m4inbrain

Postman
Hey,

starting to look more serious into mechanical devices, tubes to be precise. I have some Samsung 30T lying around that i'd want to use, but sadly (or, confusingly?) there's not that many to use at a reasonable price point. I don't want to get into a discussion whether a tube is absolutely worth £300 or not, i simply don't want to spend that much on it.

Now, i've found some promising candidates, like the THC Tauren, and the Dreamer by Timesvape (which i really like) - but both have a problem. First, i don't want copper/brass for multiple reasons (smell, oxidation, and no matchi matchi) - and second, both are hybrid mechanical mods - i'd rather have a classical top cap.

Bulletpoints: 25mm (preferably with the option for a beauty ring to smaller atty sizes, 22/23mm), stainless, not a hybrid, has to take 21700s. Does this even exist?

There's the Nato by Vaperz Cloud. I know Evolution's listing doesn't specifically say 21700 but I'm using one and it does.

I was, like you, wary of a hybrid mod. My message is - don't be, as long as you treat it with the respect it warrants. Can't go wrong with a brass Dreamer imho. The metallic 'smell' is pretty much non-existent for me.

I really like the dreamer (i held a similar shaped custom russian mods/russian custom mods or something shuttle in a vape shop in italy, i like the shape), i guess i'd need some reading up on hybrids, and how to spot an "adjustable" pin, for example in my (auth) kayfun, if i "adjust" the 510 out a little to have it protrude, the ohms start jumping on my regulated devices.

It's just another thing on top with a hybrid to look out for.

Sidenote, i don't want to run a tube outside of specification - at least not my first one.

I really like the dreamer (i held a similar shaped custom russian mods/russian custom mods or something shuttle in a vape shop in italy, i like the shape), i guess i'd need some reading up on hybrids, and how to spot an "adjustable" pin, for example in my (auth) kayfun, if i "adjust" the 510 out a little to have it protrude, the ohms start jumping on my regulated devices.

It's just another thing on top with a hybrid to look out for.

Sidenote, i don't want to run a tube outside of specification - at least not my first one.
You don't want/need an adjustable 510, it just needs to protrude enough. Definitely watch some youtube stuff. Love him or loathe him, Vaping Bogan does an excellent 'tubes for noobs'. Tbf most drippers have a decent 510. If you really don't want a hybrid then the Broadside is a good option.

I actually like Bogan, so i don't mind.

I also don't necessarily intend to run a dripper on it, but a single coil RTA (Taifun GT4) at around 0.4-0.5 ohm. When you say "the Broadside", do you mean the Brizo? That's a sidefire mod, innit?

I actually like Bogan, so i don't mind.

I also don't necessarily intend to run a dripper on it, but a single coil RTA (Taifun GT4) at around 0.4-0.5 ohm. When you say "the Broadside", do you mean the Brizo? That's a sidefire mod, innit?
No the Broadside is a mech mod well known for its safety features - delrin liner, delrin in top cap (?) and a floating 510. It is very highly regarded. One thing Bogan diesn't mention is that a lot of people, myself included, will put batt in +ve end up wherever the vents are. If you do this the mod will autofire through the coil rather than hard short if +ve down. If you battery is up to what the coil demands it is less likely to vent and will just discharge at or below its max cdr.

Back
Top Bottom