What's new

18mm RTA Purity MTL RTA by Ambition Mods......Update... on Update

So, it has arrived, been using it all day.... fired in a build 26g kanthal 2.5mm coming just above 0.8ohms, with good old Muji.
Using the widest open air hole, this is a loose old skool MTL, with short bursts of slipstreaming possible.
A tight ducks arse draw is easily achieved.

Juice is a 56vg, inically some gurgling present with the JFC fully open, closed a tad now and much better,(bear in mind this is my fist wick) me thinks it will handle higher vg nae bother with JFC adjustment.

Off the bat, wicks well, flavour is very very good, up there with the best of them.
Early days, but it looks like this wee fellow will be retiring my trusty old triton mini's.....been searching for ages for a wee rebuildable RTA to replace them.....the draw is tighter mind....but the flavour, is brill.

This first build maybe a tad low, and the wire...I certainly would not be going any thicker (don't know how Todd managed a clapton in there)....there is not enough airflow to keep the wee fella cool...in fact my next build will be 27g at around the 1.2ish ohms, as it is at the moment the tip n tank get a tad hot if you hammer it.

With the raised top cap, the shallow recess 510 drip tip supplied it works really well, you may struggle to find a suitable custom one of your own, due to the mentioned shallow recess, 510's fit but the ones I tried looked ridiculous on the wee fella.

All in all, day one, build one.....for me a tootle puffer(most of the time) it's a keeper. and would recommend for the MTL brigade.

Have I ordered another.............................of course I have.:)

@Rob @bellyman and other interested parties.

On a pico with supplied beauty ring......

IMG_20190821_155013992.jpg

Watching this, could be good on one of my pipes [emoji6][emoji6]

I'd say that it just might me what you're looking for Jon, but....... It is 18mm. OK you do get a Beauty Ring with it, but worth considering all that. ;)

Update........... it would appear that the gurgling is a wicking problem, which is non evident as @Jon The Vape has pointed out.... do not prime coil and cotton, this seems to be a fix....here's hoping.

The gurgling is doing my head in....it is defo from a build up of condensation nestling in the top cap underneath the drip tip.

Im in the process of trying different tips...but ffs how this can go unnoticed in tests is beyond belief.

This atty until they release a decent tip that works with a raised top cap....it shouldn't be that difficult the triton mini was of the same ilk ( raised top cap design)....and the tip worked flawlessly.

Last edited:
Another day has almost ended..... I am however having slightly more success with this wee beastie....... difference being when priming the wick....do not under any circumstances put juice on the coil........Im trying everything known to man here.

Another day has almost ended..... I am however having slightly more success with this wee beastie....... difference being when priming the wick....do not under any circumstances put juice on the coil........Im trying everything known to man here.
That's interesting, got mine yesterday, coiled with a 2.5 I'd coil, wicked with a cotton blend not muji, and didn't prime the cotton at all. Reassembled, filled tank, juice flow wide open for 5 minutes, then turned down a couple of notches. No gurgling no dry hits, and finished tank off this morning.
Used both supplied tip, and also a short pipe stem tip and also a long pipe stem.
The wicking is Fiber n cotton which is a cellulose and cotton blend from creme de vape don't know if the wicking has an effect on the gurgling.
I will let you know how it goes.
Great flavour BTW.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom