What's new

Pancake Man, opinions required...

Last offering try even more watts, it might be a hot vape but might wirk or try using a mech with a 0.2 coil or a duel build at 0.2

Yeah 60w was getting too hot, I'll try it on the Tsunami when I'm feeling brave. I waited ages on this being in stock too, brought two bottles & mixed 200mls of the stuff :D

Yeah 60w was getting too hot, I'll try it on the Tsunami when I'm feeling brave. I waited ages on this being in stock too, brought two bottles & mixed 200mls of the stuff :D
I got a 30 ml of concentrate enjoyed it so got a 100ml bottle i have about 350ml left, what tank did you say you where using your pancake bloke in?

I got a 30 ml of concentrate enjoyed it so got a 100ml bottle i have about 350ml left, what tank did you say you where using your pancake bloke in?

Sorry, I didn't get a notification for this!

It's in a Griffin 25 with a 0.40 Clapton build in there. The cap off for a couple of days has helped immensely & calmed down the over powering syrup, I can actually taste the strawberry now :thumbup:

Sorry, I didn't get a notification for this!

It's in a Griffin 25 with a 0.40 Clapton build in there. The cap off for a couple of days has helped immensely & calmed down the over powering syrup, I can actually taste the strawberry now :thumbup:
Oh thats great, glad you are getting the strawberry, Have you tried chucking 100 watts through that clapton? if not move up a bit at a time till you get there and see if this also makes a difference. Hope you are enjoying the pamcakeman now.

Oh thats great, glad you are getting the strawberry, Have you tried chucking 100 watts through that clapton? if not move up a bit at a time till you get there and see if this also makes a difference. Hope you are enjoying the pamcakeman now.

100 watts!! That just seems nuts to me :D Maybe when I'm feeling brave on the Tsunami. I like the cool 40-50 mark. Thanks for your help buddy

100 watts!! That just seems nuts to me :D Maybe when I'm feeling brave on the Tsunami. I like the cool 40-50 mark. Thanks for your help buddy
If you use a lower build it won't get as hot or try shorter pulls if it does get hot, the more wattage the faster the liquid vaporizes which in sense gives more flavour/vapour with a shorter burst of power, also not sure if you are using a single coil or 2 coils, 2 will probably be better, don't own a griffin so not sure but presume you can duel coil it and 2 0.4 coils will equal a 0.2 and give double the vapour and should give a cooler vape, unless you pump an absolute shed load of watts. I have managed to shove 300 through duel alien claptons 0.2 build and it wasn't to bad, I just did it to try it but lowered it back to 100 and nice vape. A uwell crown or smok tfv4 or 8 will be another thiing that would help.,

After reading several reviews saying this juice was good I decided to invest in a bottle, its a shame they dont so a 10ml and maybe theres a reason for that.

So in my nice new tank goes the pancake man 6mg, I didnt prime it but I left it on the side for a good 4 hours before even using it. The mod was set up correctly as I always use the same tanks and coils so that wasnt the issue.

Now, yeah I get the pancake flavour, if i liked the taste of burnt pancakes. Ewwwwww.

I took the whole set up to the local shop and asked if it tastes right to him, after a puff the guys face creases up as he takes the top off the tank to see if my wick is burnt, it didnt look burnt but he tells me to try a new coil just in case as to him it also didnt taste right, we looked at the packaging on a box in his shop which is exactly the same as what I have so I know ive not been sold some dodgy knock off.

I get home, cleaned the tank out and replaced the coil with new, again leaving the juice in for a good 4 hours to soak into the wick. I gave the old coil a wash and a sniff and it smells burnt although there is no evidence of burning when I look inside.

I looked at the wick inside before vaping to make sure it looked moist, put the tank on my mod hoping this will be all nice and clean tasting. Again, disgusting and after one puff the tanks red hot, I mean i cant put my lips on it its so hot.

Im either doing something really wrong or this is just one of those disgusting vapes. My other juices seem a little thinner compared to this but I choose exactly the same mix, 6mg High VG.

I read that it needs steeping for a good 4-6 weeks, Ive no idea what that means, I also read it has diacetyl in it, Im going to look these up soon as I am somewhat a noob to this.

Can I really mess up this bad twice in a row on one juice :(
Thankfully I got my other 2 tanks which dont get hot and taste really nice, this is the only one I've had issue with so far.
Whatever, this is my first vaping faux pa I think allbeit an expensive one, I dont wanna be a downer on it though.

Anyone else tried this and enjoyed it?

Maybe there is a preferable setting for it. My mods matching what the minimum coil requirements but maybe too hot for the juice so its causing caramelisation, seems very sweet.
Kind of like buying a clone tank before you splash the cash on a genuine. I tend to go to mole juice first like Mr dj. I know they are really good blenders and nail the flavours. I actually like the mole juice version better than the original.

I was vaping it in a Aspire Cleito tank, 1st coil ran at 40w (max 60) 0.4ohm and since it was a new coil I was told to use the lowest setting for the first day of a new coil. When I changed the coil over I went to a 0.2ohm 55-70 and I upped the mod to 55w to match the advice I was previously given. I use my mod in variable wattage mode so I can change it if needs be (rarely do as im new to all this, I only changed it because the coil was rated differently). The mod detects the changes in the ohms as well as when I put the new coil on it dropped without me changing it down to 0.2ohm so it wasnt a setting I tinkered with.

I get a bit nervous of tinkering with the settings unfortunateley, I dont want to break anything.

Any ideas why the tank got so hot?

I have this tank, it gets very hot as the coil casing sits in the middle of the tank and reaches the top, where as tanks like the iSub G the coils are like quater of the size and sit at the bottom of the tank.

I've got a Cleito, and I've had spitting before too when I overprimed it. I solved it by firing the coil and blowing on it, to vaporise excess juice that was on the coil, and then vaping normally afterwards. Sometimes I think it's just a bad coil and changing the coil might be the only way to solve it in that case. 6mg nic is pretty strong on a cleito, and in my experience the taste may actually be because of the higher nicotine. I've noticed 2 or 3 mg liquid tastes better than 6mg or higher even of the same flavour of the same manufacturer. Try lowering your nic levels, and see if that improves the taste, it certainly did for me

Back
Top Bottom