What's new

Pancake Man, opinions required...

super just give it 8 weeks to steep and you will get the full flavour, i got about 250 ml here plus a bit of concentrate left for about 50 ml or so. All the best with it

It's had 3 months steeping :D You must love the stuff!!! :D I've tried it in a dripper & a tank but I vape at the 40w mark, was looking forward to this juice for ages & was gutted when I vaped it so I'll increase the wattage

It's had 3 months steeping :D You must love the stuff!!! :D I've tried it in a dripper & a tank but I vape at the 40w mark, was looking forward to this juice for ages & was gutted when I vaped it so I'll increase the wattage
Same here 3 months its been made up, hopefully the higher wattage will give you the flavours, the strawberry will definately come through more.

I was vaping it in a Aspire Cleito tank, 1st coil ran at 40w (max 60) 0.4ohm and since it was a new coil I was told to use the lowest setting for the first day of a new coil. When I changed the coil over I went to a 0.2ohm 55-70 and I upped the mod to 55w to match the advice I was previously given. I use my mod in variable wattage mode so I can change it if needs be (rarely do as im new to all this, I only changed it because the coil was rated differently). The mod detects the changes in the ohms as well as when I put the new coil on it dropped without me changing it down to 0.2ohm so it wasnt a setting I tinkered with.

I get a bit nervous of tinkering with the settings unfortunateley, I dont want to break anything.

Any ideas why the tank got so hot?
So first thing make sure you really prime the coil and i mean really prime it. why it is getting so hot i am not sure. Now to a money saver for you, heres how to rebuild the stock coils save keep buying them

I was vaping it in a Aspire Cleito tank, 1st coil ran at 40w (max 60) 0.4ohm and since it was a new coil I was told to use the lowest setting for the first day of a new coil. When I changed the coil over I went to a 0.2ohm 55-70 and I upped the mod to 55w to match the advice I was previously given. I use my mod in variable wattage mode so I can change it if needs be (rarely do as im new to all this, I only changed it because the coil was rated differently). The mod detects the changes in the ohms as well as when I put the new coil on it dropped without me changing it down to 0.2ohm so it wasnt a setting I tinkered with.

I get a bit nervous of tinkering with the settings unfortunateley, I dont want to break anything.

Any ideas why the tank got so hot?

Have you checked that the mod is reading the resistance correctly? It sounds like the mod is sending too much power to the coil - you may even have a short somewhere, which could be dud coils.

The mod was reading 0.23ohm with the 0.2ohm coil when I put it on this morning for my retry, Unsure wether that 0.03 makes any difference?

Everyday I put this tank back on to see if my opinion differs and I refuse to believe its the juice, it tastes divine on my finger :)

Again, that burnt taste though :/ and the tanks roasting after 2 short vapes and now its spitting at me, into my mouth. I told the tank "tank, thats just rude".
I held it in my hand and pushed the button, I dont know if youve ever experienced a hot rock but my hand got a little hot splash. Theres definateley something wrong here.

That coil build video though is really neat, I did keep the old coil, its currently sitting in a cup of vodka in an effort to remove the taste and smell, its something I could disect to see if it did burn, ill have to gather some more supplies to rebuild it though, will keep my hands busy for a bit.

I got some more juices coming today so Ill pop down and get a new tank too, Ill take the tank/replaced coil with me and show the guy there the issue im having again after the new coil.

I may even try a different tank this time... "crown" the happy man said earlier, will see what hes got.

Meanwhile since you said I couldnt break it, I did an experiment on one of my nicer juices.
I tried seeing the difference between the different wattage took my 40-60w coil down to:-

30w on the mod and vaped, lots of vapour, little flavour, quieter vape, was quite refreshing.
40w (standard for me) lots of vapour, more flavour, little bit noisier.
50w lots of flavour & much noisier
60w flavour orgasm in my mouth (almost sickly), and the top mouth piece/cap got really hot by this point hehehe

Im bordering away from the topic of juice now but if anything I have learnt something today and will be starting my coils off at half and moving up slowly to ease them in a bit better, that was great advice.

I havent given up on the pancakes, this will not defeat me. Whats defeating me is everytime I try to set up myself I do something wrong and when I get the guy in the shop to do it its perfect. Im considering taking the lot down there and saying "HELP ME PLEASE"...

The mod was reading 0.23ohm with the 0.2ohm coil when I put it on this morning for my retry, Unsure wether that 0.03 makes any difference?

Everyday I put this tank back on to see if my opinion differs and I refuse to believe its the juice, it tastes divine on my finger :)

Again, that burnt taste though :/ and the tanks roasting after 2 short vapes and now its spitting at me, into my mouth. I told the tank "tank, thats just rude".
I held it in my hand and pushed the button, I dont know if youve ever experienced a hot rock but my hand got a little hot splash. Theres definateley something wrong here.

That coil build video though is really neat, I did keep the old coil, its currently sitting in a cup of vodka in an effort to remove the taste and smell, its something I could disect to see if it did burn, ill have to gather some more supplies to rebuild it though, will keep my hands busy for a bit.

I got some more juices coming today so Ill pop down and get a new tank too, Ill take the tank/replaced coil with me and show the guy there the issue im having again after the new coil.

I may even try a different tank this time... "crown" the happy man said earlier, will see what hes got.

Meanwhile since you said I couldnt break it, I did an experiment on one of my nicer juices.
I tried seeing the difference between the different wattage took my 40-60w coil down to:-

30w on the mod and vaped, lots of vapour, little flavour, quieter vape, was quite refreshing.
40w (standard for me) lots of vapour, more flavour, little bit noisier.
50w lots of flavour & much noisier
60w flavour orgasm in my mouth (almost sickly), and the top mouth piece/cap got really hot by this point hehehe

Im bordering away from the topic of juice now but if anything I have learnt something today and will be starting my coils off at half and moving up slowly to ease them in a bit better, that was great advice.

I havent given up on the pancakes, this will not defeat me. Whats defeating me is everytime I try to set up myself I do something wrong and when I get the guy in the shop to do it its perfect. Im considering taking the lot down there and saying "HELP ME PLEASE"...
I really think you got a bad lot of coils now, spitting, overheating etc i don't think it is the actual tank. Maybe the coil inside is not right or the cotton part is way to thin so dries up fast and causes the actual coil to heat up the outer case of the coil which then makes your top cap get hot, not enough cotton or too much cotton could lead to burnt taste but not the spitting hot liquid in your mouth. had to laugh when you mentioned hot rocks, experienced those on a daily basis for years untill green took over. Now though it's vape only unless its a special occassion of course. Hope you get the cleito working right soon

I've just given the Pancake Bloke another go at 60w @crustyfolker & I still just get really strong Maple Syrup, I'll leave the lid off it over night but I really don;t think this is a juice for me :17:

I've just given the Pancake Bloke another go at 60w @crustyfolker & I still just get really strong Maple Syrup, I'll leave the lid off it over night but I really don;t think this is a juice for me :17:
Oh dear, don't know what else to advise now, hope leaving the lid off helps, either that or add a bit of strawberry to it but not to much,

Back
Top Bottom