What's new

Pancake Man, opinions required...

louise vaper

Initiate
After reading several reviews saying this juice was good I decided to invest in a bottle, its a shame they dont so a 10ml and maybe theres a reason for that.

So in my nice new tank goes the pancake man 6mg, I didnt prime it but I left it on the side for a good 4 hours before even using it. The mod was set up correctly as I always use the same tanks and coils so that wasnt the issue.

Now, yeah I get the pancake flavour, if i liked the taste of burnt pancakes. Ewwwwww.

I took the whole set up to the local shop and asked if it tastes right to him, after a puff the guys face creases up as he takes the top off the tank to see if my wick is burnt, it didnt look burnt but he tells me to try a new coil just in case as to him it also didnt taste right, we looked at the packaging on a box in his shop which is exactly the same as what I have so I know ive not been sold some dodgy knock off.

I get home, cleaned the tank out and replaced the coil with new, again leaving the juice in for a good 4 hours to soak into the wick. I gave the old coil a wash and a sniff and it smells burnt although there is no evidence of burning when I look inside.

I looked at the wick inside before vaping to make sure it looked moist, put the tank on my mod hoping this will be all nice and clean tasting. Again, disgusting and after one puff the tanks red hot, I mean i cant put my lips on it its so hot.

Im either doing something really wrong or this is just one of those disgusting vapes. My other juices seem a little thinner compared to this but I choose exactly the same mix, 6mg High VG.

I read that it needs steeping for a good 4-6 weeks, Ive no idea what that means, I also read it has diacetyl in it, Im going to look these up soon as I am somewhat a noob to this.

Can I really mess up this bad twice in a row on one juice :(
Thankfully I got my other 2 tanks which dont get hot and taste really nice, this is the only one I've had issue with so far.
Whatever, this is my first vaping faux pa I think allbeit an expensive one, I dont wanna be a downer on it though.

Anyone else tried this and enjoyed it?

Maybe there is a preferable setting for it. My mods matching what the minimum coil requirements but maybe too hot for the juice so its causing caramelisation, seems very sweet.

I read that it needs steeping for a good 4-6 weeks, Ive no idea what that means, I also read it has diacetyl in it, Im going to look these up soon as I am somewhat a noob to this.

There's your answer, it'll need a good steep :) Would have thought this would be the first thing the guy in the shop would have suggested to be honest

It's quite a complex juice so will need a good 4 weeks at the very least. Leave it in a dark cupboard/drawer & give it a good shake every few days

@louise vaper
me love this stuff.
had 4 60ml bottles now and all been good to go. most american imports dont need a steep as they are produced and sit on a shelf for a while and then spend 10 hours in flight so by the time they get to the shop theve already had a minimum of 2 weeks steep.

now youve not mentioned what tank, coil, wattage you are using as this will help us advise.
i use mine in a crown 2 with rafale coils at roughly 60-70watts and its pure lush and is on par with my best custard ever.

as this juice is 80vg/20pg some coils will struggle with it.
priming the coil is a must and not just filling the tank and let it sit. you need to drop juice on each air hole on the coil and let it soak into the cotton. then drop 4-5 drops down the middle. then fill tank and let it sit for 15 minutes.

just a heads up that there are quite a lot of clone juice out there now and the best by far ive found is mole juice pancake mole which is £5 for 30ml or £12 for 100ml

@louise vaper as mentioned whats the tank the coil resistence and settings that you are using. Pancake man needs really to be vaped in wattage mode rather than tc in my opinion and at fairly high wattage to get all the flavours, if you have a tank capable of more than 60 watts this would be best to use with a low ohm coil. I find if i use pancake man with temperature control all i taste is the maple syrup, go onto wattage mode in a high wattage tank then i get the pancake, strawberry and cream coming through much more and it is lush. I make my own pancake man with one shot wonder pancake bloke concentrate and steep ( allow it to stand and blend) for 8 weeks, i make half litre a time though.
Let us know

@crustyfolker I think you've just saved my Pancake Bloke, all I get is maple syrup & now I know why!
Glad you now know why. give it a go and let me know if you get a better vape from it flavourwise, thanks mate, if you Diy go on chefs flavours look at the one shot wonder concentrates theres some beautys, mighty melons, pancake bloke, sugar bear, keylime pie, unicorn milk i have tried and they are as good as any premium juices except way way way cheaper use code potv for 10% off when you spend over £20 and you get free postage over £30.

Edit use the given % for 75-80 vg and it is still top notch

Glad you now know why. give it a go and let me know if you get a better vape from it flavourwise, thanks mate, if you Diy go on chefs flavours look at the one shot wonder concentrates theres some beautys, mighty melons, pancake bloke, sugar bear, keylime pie, unicorn milk i have tried and they are as good as any premium juices except way way way cheaper use code potv for 10% off when you spend over £20 and you get free postage over £30.

Edit use the given % for 75-80 vg and it is still top notch

Yep yep! That's the stuff I've got pal, Pancake Bloke, Unicorn Blood & Donut King all from Chefs! I'll give it another go over the weekend

Yep yep! That's the stuff I've got pal, Pancake Bloke, Unicorn Blood & Donut King all from Chefs! I'll give it another go over the weekend
super just give it 8 weeks to steep and you will get the full flavour, i got about 250 ml here plus a bit of concentrate left for about 50 ml or so. All the best with it

I was vaping it in a Aspire Cleito tank, 1st coil ran at 40w (max 60) 0.4ohm and since it was a new coil I was told to use the lowest setting for the first day of a new coil. When I changed the coil over I went to a 0.2ohm 55-70 and I upped the mod to 55w to match the advice I was previously given. I use my mod in variable wattage mode so I can change it if needs be (rarely do as im new to all this, I only changed it because the coil was rated differently). The mod detects the changes in the ohms as well as when I put the new coil on it dropped without me changing it down to 0.2ohm so it wasnt a setting I tinkered with.

I get a bit nervous of tinkering with the settings unfortunateley, I dont want to break anything.

Any ideas why the tank got so hot?

you wont break anything. only thing that will happen is you could burn the coil out a lot quicker.

the advise given was part wrong.
with a new coil yes its a good idea to use half of what you normally use. so for 50watts start at 25watts and take small few puffs at first. then turn up a few watts every puff until your back upto 50watts. so within 10-15 minutes your back upto your usual wattage.
there is no way you need to do it for the whole day.

i used to love the cleito but in the last 2-3 months it starts off great but after about 3-4 weeks it starts getting hot very quick and the flavor gets really strong like im almost drinking it, but im not. its not a end of life coil yet as there is no hint of burning taste.

loving my crown 1 & 2 now with the crown 2 being my all time fave tank.

Back
Top Bottom