What's new

Anyone want to join me? Limited equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he tops out just above 40w. I've found smaller rda' s the best way to go. The no toy with a single nichrome 1ohm coil will keep you vaping all day and the 22mm version of the goon lp set up with dual s,steel coils coming in at 0.5 (2.5mm coil) will give a big warm vape at 25w.

Smaller RDA's are definitely better for lower power I agree, the majority of my RDA's and tanks are 22MM, I have't actually really got into the larger ones.
I have a few 24/5MM RDA's, these are OK, and two of the 30MM Buddhas. I find the big 30MM ones too large for me, I haven't found a build that isn't too airy yet that I enjoy.

I don't actually have any Nichrome myself now, haven't in a while, do you find it any better than SS in regards to ramp up and power needed? I mainly stuck with singles during this as I didn't have anything above 26G and found this needed a bit more than the 30W I had set myself to be warm enough.

Got the provari and the KF lite+ out... Looked at them for 5 mins whilst chugging on a hadaly. Put them back...
What kind of build and power are you using with the hadalay? As when I started to vape properly was when higher power mods were already available, such as the OG Sig 150, and started with a 30W mod which is a lot more than was available just a couple of years previous.
I realise due to this what I started on was already fairly advanced compared to what others may of started on. I imagine if I only had say 15W available I wouldn't of had so much fun as I would of had to buy a lot of higher gauge wire than I had to hand, and probably would not of found it satisfying.

when I was helping a friend try vaping for the first time,I loaned them my origen little 16 RTA
images

I coiled it with a single Kanthal coil at 1.2 ohms
the flavour is great at 15W
he wanted something stealthy, so I paired this with a vaporesso target mini - I reckon this ticks that box

sadly, that tiny battery runs out mid afternoon at work - but that's more than I expected!
is this limited enough? lol

Smaller RDA's are definitely better for lower power I agree, the majority of my RDA's and tanks are 22MM, I have't actually really got into the larger ones.
I have a few 24/5MM RDA's, these are OK, and two of the 30MM Buddhas. I find the big 30MM ones too large for me, I haven't found a build that isn't too airy yet that I enjoy.

I don't actually have any Nichrome myself now, haven't in a while, do you find it any better than SS in regards to ramp up and power needed? I mainly stuck with singles during this as I didn't have anything above 26G and found this needed a bit more than the 30W I had set myself to be warm enough.

What kind of build and power are you using with the hadalay? As when I started to vape properly was when higher power mods were already available, such as the OG Sig 150, and started with a 30W mod which is a lot more than was available just a couple of years previous.
I realise due to this what I started on was already fairly advanced compared to what others may of started on. I imagine if I only had say 15W available I wouldn't of had so much fun as I would of had to buy a lot of higher gauge wire than I had to hand, and probably would not of found it satisfying.

You vapers today are very lucky. The first itaste MVP was limited to about 11w I think. If you had 15w between your fingers it meant you were a big dick high end mod guy with a provari. The ego's before that were even worse. I ran a few rebuildables off that mvp for about 6-9 months. I think my builds were aimed at 8-9watts. I only had to charge the thing every 4-5 days though! 36mg/ml nic had about the same hit as 9mg/ml in a modern device.

Love the idea of this thread. Hope loads of people post on it with their detailed findings on specific attys and mods.

Hadaly is on either the frankie or the Octopus... I have a single Ni80 26/36g Alien in there @ about 0.2ish thanks to that leg end @smut...... IMO opinion the flavour cant be beaten.... hadaly speaks for itself but with the addition of a smuton its amazing...

No. I've just got some to use up. steel performs as well and tastes better. I do like a 24 but it needs some wattage. Sirlugg steered me right in that direction.

@allen , thats nice there! Is that like a Genny style atty, that you can wick with mesh if you wanted? I haven't ever tried any like that before myself if it is, would like to actually although I am not sure I would get on with a MTL vape now in all honesty.

@jjde definitely we are lucky, when I switched to vaping full time it was a 30W mod I started with, I did try Ego's a few years before this though.
Watching videos of around that time is quite strange, seeing mods that topped out at 11W or so, and thinking people who pushed things further were a bit insane is strange indeed.

I wonder if the man who came up with the idea of the first Ecig (I am sure it was the 60's in China?) sees what has become of his idea, and either thinks 'That is amazing' or the opposite, and that we are a bunch of twats lol.

@city461 , that sounds like a nice set up. I haven't tried any of Smuts coils myself, but do hear great things about them. What do you find you need to run the 0.2 Alien at for best flavour?

And @eyeball kid , fair enough mate, I will stick with using the SS316L. I do want to get myself some SS403 (I think that is what it is called, I may have the numbers messed around with my memory) due to its TCR, and as it should perform better than SS316L in TC mode.

Then again though, I find SS316L to work well enough, so am thinking if it aint broke, don't fix it kind of thing.

@city461 , that sounds like a nice set up. I haven't tried any of Smuts coils myself, but do hear great things about them. What do you find you need to run the 0.2 Alien at for best flavour?
Used on the Octopus and Frankie which are mechs so 4.2 down to about 3.6ish at the change..

Used on the Octopus and Frankie which are mechs so 4.2 down to about 3.6ish at the change..
Ahh, my apologies, I was thinking regulated not mechanical. I am familiar with the Frankie, a squonker, I don't think I know the octopus though. That is around where I pull when using a mech, and usually build 0.2-0.3, usually under 0.25 as I find that to be best for me.

Ahh, my apologies, I was thinking regulated not mechanical. I am familiar with the Frankie, a squonker, I don't think I know the octopus though. That is around where I pull when using a mech, and usually build 0.2-0.3, usually under 0.25 as I find that to be best for me.
No worries... The Hadaly is single coil... On the big brother Kryten I run it at about 0.1 ish dual aliens.. Very little ramp up being Ni80... Flavour from these 2 is immense...

@allen , thats nice there! Is that like a Genny style atty, that you can wick with mesh if you wanted? I haven't ever tried any like that before myself if it is, would like to actually although I am not sure I would get on with a MTL vape now in all honesty.

no it's not a gennie

think standard single coil dripper (but a teeny tiny one) with a tank above it that simply drips down as the cotton wool dries out,
it's great

they also do it's big brother, the OT22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom