What's new

Anyone want to join me? Limited equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The duals were 24awg.

Vapour production was quite good, just not that warm but then again the RX200 has preheat so hits straight away.

Just swapped out the coil again and trying a single clapton to see how that works.

I might try some micros with 30 or 32 as well, perhaps order myself some SS
Ok, 24G is quite a beefy wire, I think you will get on much better with some of the Micros with 30G- expect to make a much higher resistance build though for surface area. You could even try some Nano coils, I have found myself watching a lot of videos today from 2014- one with the nano coil was Rip Trippers, pushing 8V and 19W through a 3.4Ohm coil! The clouds were still very respectable and I think the nano coil will be next in my mod.
You could make a super nano with 24G actually!

If they are big enough though, you can still pump a fair bit of power through them, and probably will be surprised.
A single clapton can work well, I remember thinking my 30W mini was not enough but I was just building something that needed more power at the time.

Today I have actually had quite a bit of fun just tweaking the watts- from 23-26W there is a pretty big difference, and finding the sweet spot for this juice was nice.

The only problem I think I may have now, is that I could realise I enjoy this more than just slapping a big build in and upping the power, and all my new stuff may be looked at differently. Having a lot of fun though :)

Ok, 24G is quite a beefy wire, I think you will get on much better with some of the Micros with 30G- expect to make a much higher resistance build though for surface area. You could even try some Nano coils, I have found myself watching a lot of videos today from 2014- one with the nano coil was Rip Trippers, pushing 8V and 19W through a 3.4Ohm coil! The clouds were still very respectable and I think the nano coil will be next in my mod.
You could make a super nano with 24G actually!

If they are big enough though, you can still pump a fair bit of power through them, and probably will be surprised.
A single clapton can work well, I remember thinking my 30W mini was not enough but I was just building something that needed more power at the time.

Today I have actually had quite a bit of fun just tweaking the watts- from 23-26W there is a pretty big difference, and finding the sweet spot for this juice was nice.

The only problem I think I may have now, is that I could realise I enjoy this more than just slapping a big build in and upping the power, and all my new stuff may be looked at differently. Having a lot of fun though :)

I will have a play with the fine wire I normally reserve for wrapping claptons and perhaps some nanos with the thicker stuff.

It is fun trying to get the most out of a smaller mod.

I need to grab my mutiimeter and test this mod though as I don't think it kicks out anything near the 50 watts it supposed to.

I will have a play with the fine wire I normally reserve for wrapping claptons and perhaps some nanos with the thicker stuff.

It is fun trying to get the most out of a smaller mod.

I need to grab my mutiimeter and test this mod though as I don't think it kicks out anything near the 50 watts it supposed to.
I hope you can get something working well- it actually is quite fun isn't it :). I am enjoying this quite a lot being limited, and it kind of feels like learning again (but in a good way).

Today, I am just using a single coil, 26G SS316L 2.5MM single coil, coming in around about 0.45 (7 wraps). Using it at 22W at the moment, but I think a little tweak either way will improve flavour. I used the SS instead of kanthal as I didn't have any to hand, although I do have some 26G somewhere that I will find and experiment with this as well.

I am using the Sig75 like I was going too, and I only actually had to change batteries once yesterday, this was using the hive coil at 0.76-77, and about 23.4W was where I settled by the end of the day. Much better battery life than I ever remember the Sigelei 75 having, and it will get a lot more use now as a lower wattage mod.

I was wondering if maybe your mod is putting out a little less than 50W, due to having problems firing even 28G coils before. I hope there isn't though, let us know your results.

I hope you can get something working well- it actually is quite fun isn't it :). I am enjoying this quite a lot being limited, and it kind of feels like learning again (but in a good way).

Today, I am just using a single coil, 26G SS316L 2.5MM single coil, coming in around about 0.45 (7 wraps). Using it at 22W at the moment, but I think a little tweak either way will improve flavour. I used the SS instead of kanthal as I didn't have any to hand, although I do have some 26G somewhere that I will find and experiment with this as well.

I am using the Sig75 like I was going too, and I only actually had to change batteries once yesterday, this was using the hive coil at 0.76-77, and about 23.4W was where I settled by the end of the day. Much better battery life than I ever remember the Sigelei 75 having, and it will get a lot more use now as a lower wattage mod.

I was wondering if maybe your mod is putting out a little less than 50W, due to having problems firing even 28G coils before. I hope there isn't though, let us know your results.

It is good fun, I've even started trying to optimise my atti's for my big mods to try and get longer battery life and hopefully less juice consumption.

It's amazing how my builds have changed, over the years, just because I can throw more power at it to compensate.

It is good fun, I've even started trying to optimise my atti's for my big mods to try and get longer battery life and hopefully less juice consumption.

It's amazing how my builds have changed, over the years, just because I can throw more power at it to compensate.
This is exactly what I am hoping will happen after the week vaping with this kind of limit in place, that I will pay more attention to my building for even my higher power mods.
My building style has changed a lot too over the past few years, like you I find it is easy just to throw more power at your build, this makes you think of what you are building to get the best from it.

Battery life wise for your bigger mods, the only real noticeable way will be by reducing power, you may well much prefer bigger coils though, if that is true I would stick with those. Or you could find that less power hungry coils suit you fine- if that is the case that would be a great result :).

Yesterday was a tiny bit annoying, but nothing too bad.

I went to a friends caravan for a few hours, and forgot to take a spare battery with me. By the time I was waiting for a cab home, the mod showed half battery, but was giving the dreaded low battery warning when I fired, cutting the power off.

Now, I must admit to something, as I was going to a friends I actually used something else on the mod, which was the Haze dripper tank (Essentially a small single coil RDTA). This was easier than dripping every few hits while I was there.

I again used one of the hive coils, this one coming in around 0.8 Ohms. I quite like these coils, although I have no idea how to make them myself. 22W was perfect in my opinion. The coils are only cheap and from China, so I do think there is some variation between them, especially resistance wise.

With the Haze though, the flavour really was fantastic, better than the El cabron, and I believe this is due to the smaller chamber, and also a thinner drip tip which I prefer. I vaped sugar bear, and was impressed. The vapour production was more than acceptable, and I could easily fog up the room if I chain vaped.

Now I just need to work out a stealthy DTL setup. MTL just doesn't cut it for me now unfortunately, and I would like a stealthy set up for say when I am on the bus.

My shinyitis prevents me from participating but good luck

My shinyitis prevents me from participating but good luck
I have stopped this now myself, but it was fun while I did it, and reminded me how fun it is to build to what you have.
I probably will do it again from time to time.

Don't let your shinyitis get in the way- I have 47 mods, my newest one turned up yesterday and I don't even know how many tanks and RDA's in total but there are enough to go on all of my mods, and also fill a 28 stand and more in a bag.
It was more about limiting yourself to see what you could get with limited equipment for fun, not actually getting rid of anything or not having the equipment there if that makes sense.

I found that I really enjoyed the Haze dripper tank the most, with a single coil and around 23.4W. This was pushing around 4.19V to the coil. I found with all the various builds I tried, with my power set between 15-30W, I was usually around 4.2V no matter the build. It seemed this worked best for me with limited power.

If you can do it, give it a try for a few days. You might be surprised how much fun it actually is trying to get the most out of the least :).

I think he tops out just above 40w. I've found smaller rda' s the best way to go. The no toy with a single nichrome 1ohm coil will keep you vaping all day and the 22mm version of the goon lp set up with dual s,steel coils coming in at 0.5 (2.5mm coil) will give a big warm vape at 25w.

Got the provari and the KF lite+ out... Looked at them for 5 mins whilst chugging on a hadaly. Put them back...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom