What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Anyone want to join me? Limited equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

conanthewarrior

Achiever
Hi everyone, I hope you are OK.

I have never done one of these before, so apologies if this has been done before, or even if it fits the criteria of a vape challenge.

I yesterday set up one of my least used mods, a Sigelei 75W Tc, as its battery life is awful, and really I think it is good for 30W max.

I realised though, when I first started vaping properly, I had a Sigelei 30W mini, and learnt to build on this. Part of the fun was actually building to what the mod could put out, and dialling in my wattage to the perfect level. Now I can just put almost any build on, and turn the wattage up with the mods we have now.

So, would anyone like to try and limit themselves to just one mod, one tank or dripper, and say 30W for a week, and go back to finding the perfect vape with just the one mod and getting the most out of the least?
Obviously if you think this could impact you and make you smoke, don't do this, but I just thought it could be a fun thing to do, and if anyone else wanted to try it too.

Of course you don't have to limit yourself to 30W, maybe use what you started with or an equivalent.

I think I am going to use my Sigelei 75W, as my 30W mini has stripped threads so I can't use this, but will limit myself to 30W maximum, and also I will find my El Cabron, which was my first RDA, and use this too.

If you have any ideas how to make this more fun, include them! Let us know what you are going to use, and your builds you try during the time you limit yourself to lower power and one Tank or RDA.
Also let us know what you find to be the best during this time. This could be quite fun, or I could just be very boring lol, but either way it will be nice to see :).

I'll try setting up that Greyscano squonker and let you know after ;-)
Ok then mate, even if you can get a single coil producing enough vapour for you to get by it would be good. I am thinking it might make me experiment a lot more like I used too, and that was all part of the fun :).

OK, I will start here.

I am using the Sigelei, with a single Hive coil, in the El Cabron. The coil is coming in at 0.76 Ohms, and firing at 25W is 4.35V.

Production is surprisingly good, and flavour is also very nice. I used the hive coil as I had a pack premade to hand, and to just test the El Cabron out as it has not been used in a very long time.
I am unsure why though, it is well built, and also has a tonne of airflow there if I want it. I have it set between a third to halfway open at the moment.

I will change the build soon though, as I think I can coax out a bit more flavour and vapour production. I also feel a bit like I cheated using the Hive coil, so will be using various types of micro coil, similar to what I would of used when learning.

I like this! fancy a go...

I'm not sure what I can get my hands on in terms old kit, did find my kbox mining the other day so may set that up with an old rda... mutation or something [emoji4]

I like this! fancy a go...

I'm not sure what I can get my hands on in terms old kit, did find my kbox mining the other day so may set that up with an old rda... mutation or something [emoji4]
Glad you like the idea :).

The Mutation is another nice RDA, I have the Mutation XV4 somewhere in my bag of older bits- when I look at my collection now, I do feel a bit silly, as there is a lot of things that work perfectly well that I have simply replaced with newer things.

Let us know what you go for, and what type of power you are running, and also if you run into anything you have to work around due to having limited power.

Quick build to see what happens. Haven't got SS so trying to make do with kanthal
1487855938547.jpg

Right, have a greyscano set up with a bottom feed velocity with coils shown above, showing at .3 on the mod.

Vapour production isn't bad but obvously not the same as my Kennedy 24 comp with fused claptons at 70-90 watts.

It's a lot cooler vape which I'm not used to nowadays.

Might try a few different builds to see if I can getit any better, also might use some higher nic juice to help get that hit.

Right, have a greyscano set up with a bottom feed velocity with coils shown above, showing at .3 on the mod.

Vapour production isn't bad but obvously not the same as my Kennedy 24 comp with fused claptons at 70-90 watts.

It's a lot cooler vape which I'm not used to nowadays.

Might try a few different builds to see if I can getit any better, also might use some higher nic juice to help get that hit.
What gauge Kanthal are you using?

You have 50W on tap, which I understand doesn't seem much at all now- even my single 18650 mods can do 75W!

I do think though you could get similar vapour production to the Kennedy at 70W- I really do, and at least as warm a vape. It will definitely take some tweaking to get the best, but is kind of the point I made this, to get the best you can out of limited equipment :).

You will be able to get a warm vape with the right build, I REALLY could do with some 28 and 30G wire at the moment, and when I learnt it was with Kanthal, so all good there. I no longer have those gauges though- the highest is 26G Kanthal, but I do have 26G SS 316L.

I am still using the Hive coil to see what I could get, I have found about 23.4W to be the best with this coil so far- which actually puts out 4.19V. I know a mech has voltage drop under load, but similar voltage to a single 18650 mech.

I am going to build some Nano coils in a moment, and also some larger single coils to use. I imagine I will probably be using anywhere from 14-20W for the single coils.

Flavour at the moment though is VERY good. Already from doing this I have remembered how tiny changes in power can make a big difference to your vape.

I hope that everyone that joins this challenge remembers what it was like at first, I think you will spend a lot of time tweaking what you are using, but also will be a great reminder to how great vaping within what you have can be :).

You have 50W on tap, which I understand doesn't seem much at all now- even my single 18650 mods can do 75W!

I do think though you

I do think though you could get similar vapour production to the Kennedy at 70W- I really do, and at least as warm a vape. It will definitely take some tweaking to get the best, but is kind of the point I made this, to get the best you can out of limited equipment :).

You will be able to get a warm vape with the right build, I REALLY could do with some 28 and 30G wire at the moment, and when I learnt it was with Kanthal, so all good there. I no longer have those gauges though- the highest is 26G Kanthal, but I do have 26G SS 316L.

I am still using the Hive coil to see what I could get, I have found about 23.4W to be the best with this coil so far- which actually puts out 4.19V. I know a mech has voltage drop under load, but similar voltage to a single 18650 mech.

I am going to build some Nano coils in a moment, and also some larger single coils to use. I imagine I will probably be using anywhere from 14-20W for the single coils.

Flavour at the moment though is VERY good. Already from doing this I have remembered how tiny changes in power can make a big difference to your vape.

I hope that everyone that joins this challenge remembers what it was like at first, I think you will spend a lot of time tweaking what you are using, but also will be a great reminder to how great vaping within what you have can be :).

could get similar vapour production to the Kennedy at 70W- I really do, and at least as warm a vape. It will definitely take some tweaking to get the best, but is kind of the point I made this, to get the best you can out of limited equipment :).

The duals were 24awg.

Vapour production was quite good, just not that warm but then again the RX200 has preheat so hits straight away.

Just swapped out the coil again and trying a single clapton to see how that works.

I might try some micros with 30 or 32 as well, perhaps order myself some SS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom