POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register

First look at Vaper Expo 2017

Discussion in 'Vaper Expo UK' started by junglist, May 26, 2017.

1. Chris K

Chris K Achiever

20170527_095337.jpg

Great day! Ended up spending quite abit more than I intended but... It's only on once a year.

Best buy had to be a Minikin V1.5 but running a 168-UT chip with a V2 Touchscreen. Asmodus had it for sale as a "prototype" and have asked for an email in a month to let them know what I think. Managed to get it included in a deal with a V2 and another standard V1.5 for £140 for all 3.

Nipped to @Ben fogstar and grabbed 4 x VTC6s aswell as a 6 bay charger.

Plenty of juice and a Goon just to top it off... happy days.

• Like Like x 3
  2. patelbadboy

patelbadboy Postman

I saw these yesterday and spoke to Isaac about these, i have never been a smoker myself, and the nic hit hard, but it was really really smooth, could not tell it was 20mg.

I placed a pre order for some units and closed pods.

I was highly impressed by the closed system, and personally see it as the perfect device for smokers trying to quit, as you dont have to mess around with anything, no coil changes no tanks no nothing.

You insert the pod in the device and press a button, thats all you have to do.

Price will be low as well, from what i was told they intended the RRP to be £20 for the device and £10 for 3 pods of 2ml.

Also so many other brands have signed up with them to have the juices in the pods.

Like i said i was highly impressed with them

3. eyeball kid

eyeball kid Legend

Hmmm. The nic sounds good but on reflection the pod systems seem like a soft return to smoking. 6 mls for £10 is not cheap. I can definitely see the positive for the smoker wanting to switch. No hassle of learning about coils, ohms, wicking ect. Just a clean easy device and daily purchase of your pods. But from our point of view it seems like the avenues of vaping choice and freedom are closing in.

4. scrumpox

scrumpox Veteran

Many predicted that the TPD would stifle innovation. Good to see that's not proving to be the case.
    With consumer goods, it's rare when KISS doesn't win the day. There will always be complex gear for us geeks but the mass market continutes to struggle with all this dense garbage about resistance, watts, temperature control etc.

5. Ment

Ment Legend

The guy on the SX Mini stand was horrified I'd never used TC and took my mod and set it up for me, but went a bit quick and I didn't really see what he did.

The vape is no better than power mode, but it isn't worse as has been the case with other mods, so I'm going to have to read up about it now.

6. Ment

Ment Legend

I went for the Think Vape Finder in the end, and when I went back I was told the £80 I'd been quoted was for wholesale and it was £110.

So, I went back to get the Drone and was told..................the same.

Buggers.

7. Ben fogstar

Ben fogstar Premium Vendor

Bloody @junglist - I've been looking at purge mods all weekend. Stop coming to my booth and showing me all the new shiney things! :ban:

• Like Like x 3
    • LOL LOL x 2
  8. junglist

junglist Administrator Staff Member

Who's up here today then? Getting busy...

IMG_0221.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  9. chubbaduckie

chubbaduckie Achiever

I got to meet the legend thats is @ben fogtar and his crew pretty much as it opened yesterday, what a nice guy!
    Had a little chat about batteries (what a surprise) mainly 20700s and other idiots selling 40amp 9million mAh 18650s

Also got a few tips from Big Tips which are fecking gorgeous makes my brass 1.5 Goon and Purge setup complete

Stopped by the Bush stall for a few bargins a bit of Bunkr and the like.
    @ZT yes i was dripping (subohming) Chirichua Sun, Pow Wow and Nanabhozo on a 0.15 build in my goon which i know you'll appreciate buddy

Had a little talk with a few youtubers DJLsb, Vaping Biker, Phat vapour and vic who was surprisingly a nice guy.

• Like Like x 1
  10. chubbaduckie

chubbaduckie Achiever

I dunno if its because its a bigger hall or all the TPD bargins and everyone has spent all their vape funds but it wasn't as packed/busy yesterday for most of the day, I spoke to so many vendors and for a good while each too. I was also surprised at the lack of some of the "big name" vendors that wasn't there.