What's new

Finally!

Awesome fella, I remember you, I was the one rushing towards the cloud 9 stand, stopped and let you both through, to the dismay of the people behind me. I did have a PoTV hoodie on so should of said hi :)

Being a first-timer at these sort of events it was all a bit overwhelming to be honest AndyC1971, we spent most of the day saying "excuse me" i think lol, because of my wife Helen having to try and get her walker through the crowds it was rather difficult as you can imagine, and she has to keep stopping every so often to have a rest so it just seemed like a bit of a blur to me. I could see POTV hoodies in the crowd and i mentioned it to Helen but i didn't feel comfortable leaving her on her own so i just stayed with her the whole time. But, i shall know better next time folks! Anyway, the reason i'm on here today is do you remember in an earlier post that i mentioned that i had photos? I know someone asked for photographic proof that some of us were there, well i'm going to try now to upload some pics, so here goes. If this has worked you'll see some photos underneath, so enjoy ;)

2013-08-17 10.01.36.jpg 2013-08-17 10.05.45.jpg 2013-08-17 10.05.53.jpg 2013-08-17 10.05.58.jpg

2013-08-17 11.10.56.jpg 2013-08-17 12.58.15.jpg

Sorry i didn't get more, but with my wife and everything, it was a bit difficult. But i did what i could :)

Being a first-timer at these sort of events it was all a bit overwhelming to be honest @AndyC1971, we spent most of the day saying "excuse me" i think lol, because of my wife Helen having to try and get her walker through the crowds it was rather difficult as you can imagine, and she has to keep stopping every so often to have a rest so it just seemed like a bit of a blur to me. I could see POTV hoodies in the crowd and i mentioned it to Helen but i didn't feel comfortable leaving her on her own so i just stayed with her the whole time. But, i shall know better next time folks! Anyway, the reason i'm on here today is do you remember in an earlier post that i mentioned that i had photos? I know someone asked for photographic proof that some of us were there, well i'm going to try now to upload some pics, so here goes. If this has worked you'll see some photos underneath, so enjoy ;)

View attachment 10540 View attachment 10541 View attachment 10542 View attachment 10543

View attachment 10544 View attachment 10545

Sorry i didn't get more, but with my wife and everything, it was a bit difficult. But i did what i could :)
You did well, more than I managed to take!

Well i would have taken a lot more Purplefowler, but there were just so many people there, (well you know that :)), it was just manic! I was hoping to get there really early, but my wife took ages to get ready and we didn't leave the house until just after 9am, i was thinking of leaving more like 8am, but we don't live too far from Tamworth so it didn't take us long to get there, we arrived at around 9:45am, and as you can see by the pics, the queues were huge. The guy at the top of the car park was turning all the cars away because there were no parking spaces, we managed to park on a little piece of grass at the top end of the car park and then joined the queue. I think i took around half an hour before we got into vapefest itself. Like i sadi before, it was a bit overwhelming really, being a vapefest virgin. Just so many people, especially when you're not used to being in that sort of environment. I spend most of my time at home looking after my wife, we don't go out much due to her not being able to walk very far. As well as physically not being able to get to POTV members, i think a part of me was a bit apprehensive about approaching people and saying "hiya i'm yoda1970!" and being greeted with a blank expression lol.

Back
Top Bottom