Vape Club
What's new

Celebrate PoTVs 1st Birthday with the first competition courtesy of FLAVOURVAPOUR :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to smoke Benson and Hedges,
First 20 then 40 a day,
I realised I could no longer afford them,
And rollies became the way.

I smoked 'em and smoked 'em and smoked 'em,
They really made me smell,
Then I saw these ecig thingys,
and thought go on then, what the hell!

I got a twin pack ego,
Some batteries,and juice to boot,
since then I've not smoked the stinkies,
Just vaped and vaped, what a hoot !!!!

Vape Club
Do Jedi mind tricks work here? lol. I don't have a real story but basically, I wasn't interested in giving up stinkies. but I was getting tired of having no money after I bought me roll ups so I started on tescos nicoshytes. they sorta worked, I smokes a lot less, but I worked out I was spending the same money on them. found a website selling similar for less and the more sites I looked at, the more information I got. just over a year later and I now mix my own, own 1 vv and 2 egos that for some reason are still working 6 months on. vaping has become a hobby for me now. I'm glad I founda place where help and advice is always available, and I want to be around for the future birthdays here. :yoda:

Here we go

I started smoking about 25 years ago mainly due to another habit that I mixed with ciggies (cough cough)...

Fast forward til 4 years ago

Had a really bad relationship break down turned to drink and was smoking around 40+ day and drinking everyday (dont know how i managed to keep my job) that's the past and forgotten now..

Now with my beautiful girlfriend (just under 4 years together) soon to be wife :) first two months with her were like a roller coaster but through lots of talking and been told by the doc i had clinical depression. So one problem solved 6 months of tablets and drink free and have been since :)

So one problem gone now attack the ciggies tried cold turkey but only lasted 4 weeks getting to stressed and back on the stinkies and 3 months pasted and I decided to take advantaged if the nhs quit smoking stuff. so they gave me patches and those stupid inhalers that tasted of a ashtray. After 7 weeks of patches and endless nights of really crazy dreams but smoke free life was good apart from the 2 stone i put on because maybe my taste buds could enjoy the foods and sweets again ( f**king Mars bars )..

Then boom both of us were made redundant and my stress levels went through the roof so i started on the stinkies again. All the moaning started again but then a revelation last October when the G/F told me I was gonna be a daddy( my first ) and hearing that just after you turn 40 the month before was a massive shock and joy. So i promised i would try quitting again but she said no more nrt because of the crazy dreams and sleepless nights..

Now 8 weeks ago from 8am this morning I went to my local supermarket and got a 10 motivates ciggy and pack of carto's and after 2 days i was thinking this is ok but not good enough so started reading and a day later bought some fluid from TW vendor (worst mistake ever i know that now) to refill the carto's (condom method).. soon ordered a ego and a couple of CE4's (lasted a week before buying a couple of mini nova's) and not looked back.

In the last week I received my first vv/vw pv, mixed my own juice, wicked and recoiled my nova's also joined POTV which help me decide on the pv and all the other things I have done.

Nearly 4 weeks ago our son was born am happy he is not smelling stinkies and the g/f is mega happy am of the smokes ( after alot of talking regarding the out lay of vaping in the first pv and mixing own juice. I will be saving money but most importantly my health for all of us..

I would like to personally say thanks to all the members and hello to all the newer ones to like myself and a massive thanks to the forums a massive help

THANKS POTV & Happy Birthday again

P.s. i was the first to Post Happy Birthday

Peace Out

MadTz AKA Gerry

Vape Green
My story is real simple, I was smoking a real fag and as I moved I knocked the lit end, now this was hanging on by a thread of baccy so as I carefully manouvered towards the ashtray to gently tap the burning end into it the fecking thing decided to drop, yeah drop into my lap, then as I went to flick it off the bastard rolled into the opening of my boxers and singed my G-Bell. hence the need for a safer habit. happy vaping people.:grin2:

My vaping story:
Once upon a time a naïve teenage boy pinched a cigarette from the pack his mum had left on the kitchen counter; curious to know the appeal he took the dog for a walk. Fifteen minutes later he was coughing up chunks of his left lung but persisted with it. Fast forward about fifteen years and the teenage boy was now married, a baby on the way and a committed smoker of 20+ cigarettes a day.
He knew he had to give up because; 1. He didn’t want to expose his son to smoking and 2. Nappies are pretty bloody expensive! But herein lies the problem, he knew he had to but he didn’t really want to – previous attempts were always half-hearted and ended in failure. Beer and fags go hand in hand you see… but none the less he tried with the aid of nicotine gum. Fourteen days of hell later and a DSE 901 kit and a few bottles of tobacco e-liquids dropped on the door mat. A quick fill of the cartridge and bam! He knew at that point he didn’t have to quit, an alternative solution was out there.

Fast forward nearly two years and the switch has had a profound effect on him and his family. No more shortness of breath, no more snoring, a keen sense of smell, reduced blood pressure and, most importantly, a son who isn’t exposed to smoking. Aim 1. achieved, but what of 2.? Saving money has not necessarily happened, from auto batteries through ego’s to mods topped with atomisers and carts through cartomisers and clearomisers to genesis and silica rebuildables the acquisition of vaping gear (Not to mention e-liquids!) has not been cheap. The investment of time has not been inconsequential either; posting on the forum, blogging and F5’ing to get on a list. But, at the end of day, who cares about the cost (within reason of course!) given all the other benefits that of much more consequence.

Premier Ecigs
I started smoking at age 13 when living in Germany and 3 x 5 pence pieces could buy you 20 fags from vending machines (they were the same size and weight as a 1 Deutsch Mark piece)!!!

During the next 33 years, fashions came and went, along with changing musical styles, often reflecting the drugs popular at the time. The internet was invented and the mobile phone became quite popular! House prices went from £23k to £160k and ciggies went from 15p to £15 for a large pack of Golden Virginia! But despite all this,Status Quo kept on rocking, the Stones kept on rolling and I kept on smoking (despite many attempts to give up).

In early 2013 I found out that a friend was giving up smoking by vaping instead. I didn’t really know what that meant but spotted an e-cigalike in Tesco’s and thought why not give it ago? I liked it and stopped smoking straight away. However, the batteries didn’t last long and the carto’s were expensive so thought I’d have a quick Google to find something better.

Thus March found me lost on the net, pulling my hair out trying to understand what was on offer out there. There was too much jargon, too many options and it was all too scary, where should I start? I read lots of forums and reviews, but kept coming back to POTV. It had the best welcome to new members and I didn’t see anyone being rude or unhelpful, even to newbies like me, so I joined.

The welcome I got was great and so I started asking questions and quickly decided I needed some ego batteries and some CE’s. After more research on POTV I bought my first Evod BCCs and some replacement heads. Realising I needed more battery life, after reading reviews and getting more advice, I bought a vamo. That was when I first thought, job done, this is a great set-up and all I need to carry on vaping.

So why do I still visit POTV almost daily, well there’s always something new to learn about. Thanks to others I’m happy with my set-up, but I’m now looking at recoiling and I’m also trying to make my own juices. Without the great reviews, how to’s and advice and encouragement I would not have the confidence to try. I have also learnt of the dangers we face with legislation and what I can do about it, I never thought I’d be writing to my MP!! I also want to be able to share knowledge and experience with others, especially new people, so they get as much from POTV as I have.

So genuinely, thanks to POTV, I’m much healthier and feel so much better from giving up the rollies.
And the future… it will definitely be without rollies. However, I need to decide whether it’s time to buy kinky boots or a provari, and guess where I went for advice.....?

Last edited:
I started vaping after a journey to hull, spending 5 hrs in a car not smoking was like hell and every petrol of toilet break I reached for the stinkies, whilst watching the driver vape. So all went well I survived the trip without too many withdrawal symptoms apart for rattyness which I kept under wraps.

So the day was filled with general visits outside to have a stinkie so all was well again.

That evening it was off to the room and guess what I ran out of stinkies DOH !!!! All the while my friend was chuffing away on his vape stick even in the room.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

So I popped down to reception and asked where the closest shop was "just down the road they said" well it was down the road but a very long road with someone walking again wanting to feed the habit. When 15mins later a shop was located and ciggys bought I could breath a sigh of relief well after a smoke anyway.

On the return trip 500 questions were asked and several more later I then purchased and swapped, my main reasons for this were savings (thats a funny one it is self) and health reasons.

My journey from there has been a simple one upgraded the starter kit within 2 weeks. Then came the change from a cleromiser to a cartomiser. Next came rebuildables why did I get into these two reasons 1. everyone seemed to be into them 2. everytime I thought that looks nice it was a rebuildable.
After upgrading to cartos I got into mixing and tbh most mixes thusfar havent been super great but there has been some almost there ones.

I have now also moved to mech mods and like them thusfar but have to say that the misses has started watching what I spend !!!!!!

AcmeFog
My story goes like this, I enjoyed smoking, and did not want to give up, but part of me knew the damage it was causing to my body and the people around me, so I was on the market one day and came across a guy selling e health cigarettes, though why not give it a a bash, well suffice to say that was pants lol, but it had sparked the inner nerd in me, and google later led me to 510t kit, now I thought this was informed decision, but no, this was also pants lol, 3 days later I had an ego ce5 kit, and my smoking days where over then, I have since moved on to a vamo, evic, k100, and numerous atties, and the geek in me loves to fidlle ith wick setups, try and get the best out of everything I own, the tinkerer inside me is also happy :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom