What's new

Celebrate PoTVs 1st Birthday with the first competition courtesy of FLAVOURVAPOUR :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Numpty .
I have a pretty clear outlook on life at the moment, if people don't like you for who you are now. They're not worth the time it takes to say hello. Works well for me :)

well mine start like this ...the original ce5 ego double kit i bought for for the missus ..she had copd and suffers alot with her chest ...i had a wee go on this newfangle crack pipe thingy and thought .it tasted like cack ."so did the missus " .but i was sheduled for kidney stone removal during february and knew i`d be best off kicking the stinkies .so i didnt want to give her an excuse for not using hers "by nicking hers off her" so i sent of for another set ."this time with different tobacco flavour and a menthol one too" .i was working silly long hours at the time ann night shift to boot ...but during work i would not take my tobacco to the site and only smoked a few roll ups during break times ..this went on for two weeks leading up to my admission for kidney surgery ...
the operation was succesful "bloody painful tho and i`m a baby " but i stayed off the stinkies when i came home .i was due to have the stitches out 12 days after the op . went to see the district nurse ,who noticed i was looking a bit pale "and i felt like shit " she asked my gp for a quick consultation and he told me to take parafriggincetamol ...that night i could not lay on my back as it was affectiong my breathing ..so i tried to go to sleep on the couch downstairs ...by 7 am when the missus woke and realised i hadnt been to bed all night ...i was gasping for breath .. so off to local hospital i trekked .struggling to breathe by now ...was quickly shunted to another hospital 15 miles away ..who upon my arrival " saw the state i was in and rushed me into A+E ...turns out i`d got some lovely big blood clots on both lungs ...after a hairy 9 days in a chair on a ward " anything lower than 45degrees was agony " bed was not an option ..i`m on the mend now .not missing analogues a bit ...missing ale tho ...gotta take bloody warfarin for another 6 weeks ..i`m counting the days ...oh and the missus is still smoking :( the only use her ego ce5 kit gets is when she runs out of stinkies ....thanks for reading guys .sorry bout grammar and punctuation .but i`m no scholar :imstupid

Well nothing special for me really, started smoking behind the bike sheds at 11 years old, now 55, married twice and then 10 yrs ago found the real girl 20 yrs younger,non smoker and has 1 drink at Christmas lol. Never complained but I thought one day I'm really happy for the first time, She then lost her step father to cancer(same age as me) and I just thought poop this will end sooner than later doing this,tried all the normal things(thru the Doc's as I had hi cholesterol,blood pressure and type 2 diabetes) Nothing got me off the real thing but she got me a motive just to try and I thought it was close but still not the right thing so I looked around and went for a Really Ego kit, literally stopped over night and havent had a real cig since, although not much money saved as I like nice bright shiny things lol, but Doc agrees with my vaping and have come down from 15 tablets a day to 8 and actually feel a lot better, so hope I can hang around to be with my girl a lot longer

Wow, you guys are really opening up here-I hope th powers that be come here and spy on us so they can see the real impact vaping has had! This is going to be a tough comp to choose the winners, you aren't making it easy for us, lol! If you haven't entered yet, don't worry if you haven't had a life changing experience-a good laugh will do just as well :)
just a polite notice though-could everyone refrain from commenting? It's not that we don't love to read everyone's responses but it will make it a lot easier for us on the judging panel if we just have the entries to read and compare :D
now back to the competition...and remember there is plenty more fun to come ;)

awesome competition , my story is a pretty standard one but figured id write it down just to get into the spirit of things :)

ive been smoking since i was 13 , started off on menthols off kids at school and their parents used to buy us them.( in hindsight these people shouldnt be allowed kids , but at the time i was cool as *bleep*)

the reason i wanted to quit was my wife , the cost didnt bother me so much because well needs must and what not. but my wife has never liked the fact i smoke , all her family smoke too but she doesnt , now although she doesnt like it , and granted i used to smoke outside so i wasnt filling the house with the stuff , it still wasnt nice , but she never pressured me or asked me to stop because she knew i genuinly enjoyed it.

we got married last july and so i set in motion the idea of me quitting as a nice wedding present , so i ordered an ego battery and clearo , had it all set up so that on the 18th of august id never have a cigerette again and the ego would allow me to still enjoy smoking but without the crap and the smell and the dying..

i chose the 18th because im a massive newcastle united fan ( yes yes lets all laugh at me cause are club are a joke , i get it :P )
and the rest is history , i had my last smoke on the 17th at 11:59pm ( like i said , this was preplanned , im a ritualistic kinda guy)

i had my ego for a whole day before thinking right , this is working , but the thing leaks and i dont like it.

bought an itaste vv and since then ive gone through allsorts in my search for a none leaking consistant vape.
every clearo imaginable , rebuildables , drippers allsorts.

now 11months on , im comfortably rebuilding my own wick and coils , thoroughly enjoying dripping on my assorted mods.
i guess thats it , the only thing this story is missing is an ending.
but to be honest , there isnt an ending , and i hope there never will be. i love vaping , i love the mods , the customisation , the variety and ability to stamp your own personality onto your own set up. each vapers experience is unique and the fact we can reflect this onto our setup is brilliant .

I took it up so I could have a pipe.

Pipes are cool.

I still haven't got a proper vaping pipe yet, just a Kuwako, but I will.

One day I will look cool vaping my cool pipe.

Oh yes.

ladies_smoking_pipe_chicago_wrigley_building_restaurant_women_smoke_womens_smoking_club_1954.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom