What's new

T Shirts?

As I said before; you can do whatever you like with the logo as long as you're not using it for profit. The logo license only exists to protect vapers from exploitation by unscrupulous merchandisers. We don't make any money out of it ourselves so why should we let others?

We actively encourage people to make their own merchandise, that's why I made the source images downloadable. The problem here is that you're making something for someone else and will need to recover the cost by charging them.

It's a bit of grey area but I think that if you can demonstrate that you are passing on the T-Shirts to forum members at cost, without any kind of mark up, then it's fine.

Ah, I think there's a slight miscommunication here - The T-shirt design is a one off design for me only. If someone wants to use the design template then I'll happily make it available for free and they can sort out printing for themselves...

Ah, I think there's a slight miscommunication here - The T-shirt design is a one off design for me only. If someone wants to use the design template then I'll happily make it available for free and they can sort out printing for themselves...

Ahhh... in that case it'a TOTALLY FAB! Print away!

Ahhh... in that case it'a TOTALLY FAB! Print away!

Danke, HatTipSmileyAnim.gif

As I said before; you can do whatever you like with the logo as long as you're not using it for profit. The logo license only exists to protect vapers from exploitation by unscrupulous merchandisers. We don't make any money out of it ourselves so why should we let others?

We actively encourage people to make their own merchandise, that's why I made the source images downloadable. The problem here is that you're making something for someone else and will need to recover the cost by charging them.

It's a bit of grey area but I think that if you can demonstrate that you are passing on the T-Shirts to forum members at cost, without any kind of mark up, then it's fine.

That's what we did last year with the POTV ones. In fact I think it ended up costing us a few quid... If we do the same again and show you the order details does that mean we could do it again? I am happy to get orders in from people here, see how many want to do it and then work it out at cost price. Going to be a last minute rush as usual but fuck it, I still love my one from last year :D Just checked and they worked out about £23 inc postage to us and we sold at £20 minus the £0.78 PayPal fee meant each shirt cost us £3.78. And I think I paid for the postage bags on top as well. The people we are using for the shirts on the site now can't do custom names so we would have to take the orders manually again but fuck it, this is the event of the year so happy to do it if all good with you lot.

That's what we did last year with the POTV ones. In fact I think it ended up costing us a few quid... If we do the same again and show you the order details does that mean we could do it again? I am happy to get orders in from people here, see how many want to do it and then work it out at cost price. Going to be a last minute rush as usual but fuck it, I still love my one from last year :D Just checked and they worked out about £23 inc postage to us and we sold at £20 minus the £0.78 PayPal fee meant each shirt cost us £3.78. And I think I paid for the postage bags on top as well. The people we are using for the shirts on the site now can't do custom names so we would have to take the orders manually again but fuck it, this is the event of the year so happy to do it if all good with you lot.
junglist - Have a word with Toby regarding the design for My T-Shirt. It's up there somewhere^^^, I'll be happy to let you have the PSD File...

@junglist - Have a word with Toby regarding the design for My T-Shirt. It's up there somewhere^^^, I'll be happy to let you have the PSD File...

Wicked, thank you mate! Will have a butchers in the morning and have a word with the gaffer and see if we can't sort it out :D

Wicked, thank you mate! Will have a butchers in the morning and have a word with the gaffer and see if we can't sort it out :D

After all I'd rather do this through the forum than privately, just so I feel I've done the right thing...

...If we do the same again and show you the order details....

You don't have to show me anything, what I meant was being upfront with the people ordering them, giving them a breakdown of the costs, production and postage etc, and possibly a link to the company making them.

I have to say that £23 seems a bit high, for a run of 10 or more shirts I'd expect the cost to be around £8-£15 per unit, plus postage. Perhaps you should shop around.

I seem to have become the merchandise police, which wasn't really what I had in mind. The kind of use the logo's had in previous years is totally fine - people making their own T-shirts or short runs for groups, banners, lingerie, etc - it's all fine!

The festival has gotten so large we need to protect our punters from chancers and rip off merchants. The restrictions of the creative commons license on the logo only really applies to these naughty people – not you!

Go! Make Stuff!

I'm off to the Eurozone now, and won't be back until the festival starts, so good luck – I look forward to seeing the results – and see you at Vapefest!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom