What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Post Vapefest thoughts :)

Right, now I have come down from the euphoria of yesterday, things have become a bit clearer, and just wanted to share my thoughts with you :)

Firstly, I was quite in awe of people yesterday. I picked up an Australian, that has frequented and lived in several places, I also picked up someone who was half Welsh, and after dropping them, I picked up a couple of Scottish people, so even before I got to the venue, I felt a little like the UN :)

Upon arriving, I met a 'merican and lots of Northerners, and some Southerners too. Chatting away in the queue, we started to move inside. It wasnt until I entered the tent, I realised how many people were there. I zoomed off and got my Kayfun lite, that I had been wanting for a week, and upon arriving back to the PoTV area, the banter and a cheer followed. Soon, I started to meet people and was able to put faces to names, and continually looking around, I saw hundreds people, all different. Different nationalities, religions, skin colour, interests, occupations, but we all had one thing in common, our passion for vaping, a different method of nicotine delivery. All laughing, all joking, and thats when the penny finally dropped, it was under threat, Vapefest 2016 might never exist :(

Not only are the EU taking away my right to vape, but looking to take my community away from me too, and that was a horrible feeling. Imagine being next to a loved one, look in their eyes and imagine in 3 years time, not being there with them, thats how I felt. 10 minutes or so passed by, then as usual I got the piss ripped out of me by ZT, and back to being happy again :)

Throughout the day, both PoTV and non PoTV people were chatting, shoving their PVs under my nose to try the different range of liquids, that I liked the sound of, and not once when giving it back did they wipe the top, because we are all one of the same, and thats good enough for us :)

I saw a couple that were local, and vaping away on eGos, looking all worried and in awe of the scene, and within minutes strangers had gone up to them, and were chatting, showing them their devices, now would you get that passion or commitment from a SmokersFest??

Upon getting home from VF, I had feelings of contentment, euphoria, positiveness but most of all happiness. Proud to be associated to Vaping and this fine forum. Now I still have these feelings, but I have also started to find anger, resentment and irritation creeping in because the whole community is under threat, and in 3 years time, I may never see some of you ever again :(

Bloody great post Andy, sums up my thoughts without me having to actually type it all!!

Did you ever order you "lifetime" supply of nic base?

Well I'm sorry to say

I Took my own food & drink :-)

And Then I managed to walk around the marque & had a chat with a few vendors before the onslaught

It was nice and quiet no pushing and shoving, oh I'm a jammy SOB

Bloody great post Andy, sums up my thoughts without me having to actually type it all!!

Did you ever order you "lifetime" supply of nic base?

I got a litre, then gave it away in dribs and drabs :(

I have to get my arse in gear and buy some :)

Had a great day on Saturday enjoyed it immensely. I was surprised how friendly everybody was and I have not talked that much since I cant remember when :) ( being normally an unsociable git ). You could just sit down at a bench and instantly you had a conversation going all in good nature and people you did not know would hand you their mod and say try this :). Each table seemed to be a hive of information and if somebody had a problem with their kit a set of tool boxes with wick and wire etc and then useful info would fix the problem and end with a smiling vaper :). One chap I met said he had learned more in the last 20 mins than he had learnt in months off Youtube and off the forums :).
As for the prices of Food n Drink they are just London Prices same as at home 3.50 to 4 quid for a pint is normal price :). Guess people from north of Watford gap not used to the cost :) you lucky people.

Looking forward to next year , bigger venue required, better parking but same people :grouphug:

Steve

Minus the toerags of course. It has occurred to me that between the vaping fora there are plenty of people with the nous and influence to procure, install and operate a few cameras on next years bash. With a couple of willing bods on escape routes and a few walkie talkies, scrote catching could become the new vaping thing.

Should have took my own food n drink

Yep, i think that's a good tip for the next vapefest. Watching Tin Your Tip from last night on youtube, Gary Dibbley was saying that next year's vapefest was going to be, and i quote, "disneyland on steroids"! :eeek:

Back
Top Bottom