What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

OMFG it's like....

Miss Pepper

Legend
Knowing santa is flying overhead and making his deliveries so you have to sleep as if you dont you wont get anything to wake up to in the morning except maybe a lump of coal......... but being too darn excitable!!!!!!

10 hours to go everyone!

Bring it on!

#vapefest2016 #POTV are gona rock da house down :D

Twas the night before vapefest, when all through the house not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.

:D

Conspiracy Cat 06082016004726.jpg

"But how shall we wakeful ones find the way to sleep?" asks one—yes, many, I fear. First, let us remember the lesson of our youth, which said that "the day was for labor, and the night for sleep and repose." When the open fire, a pine knot, or a tallow candle were the only facilities for a nightly illumination, the temptation to late sitting up was much less than now, when the brilliancy of gas or kerosene invites us to sit up at night that we may enjoy its exhilarating splendor. I have been interested to notice how music, gay colors, beautiful pictures, and bright lights keep us wide awake. Place the same persons in a room of dim light, and with but little about it to attract the eye, and they fall into easy, quiet chit-chat, and soon begin to yawn, and by mutual consent retire early... ~Rachel Brooks Gleason, M.D. (1820—1905), "Sleep," Elmira Water Cure, November 1867

"But how shall we wakeful ones find the way to sleep?" asks one—yes, many, I fear. First, let us remember the lesson of our youth, which said that "the day was for labor, and the night for sleep and repose." When the open fire, a pine knot, or a tallow candle were the only facilities for a nightly illumination, the temptation to late sitting up was much less than now, when the brilliancy of gas or kerosene invites us to sit up at night that we may enjoy its exhilarating splendor. I have been interested to notice how music, gay colors, beautiful pictures, and bright lights keep us wide awake. Place the same persons in a room of dim light, and with but little about it to attract the eye, and they fall into easy, quiet chit-chat, and soon begin to yawn, and by mutual consent retire early... ~Rachel Brooks Gleason, M.D. (1820—1905), "Sleep," Elmira Water Cure, November 1867
"...For centuries we were accustomed to the idea of "first sleep" or "dead sleep" and "second sleep". It was accepted that between this first bout of slumber and the next there would lie an hour or so of quiet wakefulness, sometimes known as a "watch". This period was often used for prayer, or writing, or sex, or even for visiting the neighbours. But the idea of two sleeps dwindled in the late 17th century, so that by 1920 it was practically obsolete...."
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2012/feb/24/sleep-twice-a-night-anxiety

In reality I'm wide awake
I think about the things
That I will do tomorrow and the trek
Things are dark outside and everybody else is fast asleep

:D

I've been wide awake all night absolutely buzzing my tits off.

Sadly, not for vapefest but for football season. I'm now heading to catch the coach to Portsmouth, vapefest must organise next year around the football season!!

I'm heading up today for a few hours but want to do Sunday there as hopefully less crowds, not a fan of crowds plus want to be there for @RobS presentation.

Back
Top Bottom