What's new

Attending. Questions?

sonnyblue

Initiate
Think I'm gonna give this a go, booked the time off work for Bloodstock metal festival but not going now. I love my festivals but no clue what to expect from this.

What kind of vibe is it, age range etc...?
Are there a few bars?
Are the juice prices lower than the vendors websites?
Are there many pubs/eateries locally within a reasonable distance of the campsite?
Do you run a car share? (I'll have space for one or two, going from the Sheffield area)
What time does the entertainment finish in the eve?

Looking forward to it.

Thanks to Blackhack for posting those all important links. I recommend you give the Dummies guide a thorough read. It's worth revisiting from time to time as it's continually updated – it's never entirely finished.

It's also worth keeping up with rest of the web site as not everything is reposted here – I'm not as dilligent as I should be.

Regarding your specific questions:

What kind of vibe is it, age range etc...?

Hard to say before everybody turns up - an average Vapefest crowd might look like this:

UKVF2014-Crowds.jpg

Are there a few bars?

Yes, twice as many as last year.

Are the juice prices lower than the vendors websites?

That's up to the vendors really, but I predict that some of it will be free, some of it will be cheaper and some of it will be the same only minus the postage.

Are there many pubs/eateries locally within a reasonable distance of the campsite?

The festival is just a mile from the heart of Shrewsbury. Check out our mini guide to the town:

Do you run a car share? (I'll have space for one or two, going from the Sheffield area)

Car sharing pools are normally created by the vapers themselves on their respective forums. I saw one on POTV a while back but it was in the wrong sub-forum – perhaps a kind mod would move it. Or perhaps you could start a new one off – it only takes one vaper to set the ball rolling...

What time does the entertainment finish in the eve?

The venue demands that "Loud Music is not heard after 10pm" - but, whilst the bands may have to finish by then, I'm sure entertainment of one sort or another will be going on long after that.

If anyone has a question about the festival that is not covered by the guide (read it, read it!) feel free to ask.

Last edited:
Thank you for a most thorough answer, sun block at the ready (optimistic).

It says somewhere, that the venue shuts to the public at 10pm, does that mean that all those not camping have to leave or that there's no more entry?

Restricted entry for those actually camping. Security on site will be managing this.

CAmping ..... reservation?

Hi,

I'm coming (cheeky, I know)... and I want to camp.

Is all I need to do, is turn up with a tent and the "camping rules" and say I want to camp? Is there any reservation/ booking / etc?

Just wanted to check as opposed to be disappointed at the time and other than "free" can't see it in the guide.... maybe I'm an improved dummy.

Hi,

I'm coming (cheeky, I know)... and I want to camp.

Is all I need to do, is turn up with a tent and the "camping rules" and say I want to camp? Is there any reservation/ booking / etc?

Just wanted to check as opposed to be disappointed at the time and other than "free" can't see it in the guide.... maybe I'm an improved dummy.

Arrival for those wishing to camp is permitted from 4pm-9:30pm on Friday, 9am-9.30pm on Saturday and Sunday. Kicking out time is 12pm on Monday. There is no reservation system, it's first come first served. Don't worry though there's oodles of space, although there may be a rush for plots close to the toilet blocks by those vapers with weak bladders (surprisingly many). Personally I can think of nicer spots to pitch a tent...

Back
Top Bottom