What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Anyone going up from...

Offer still stands if its that way, provided im in the polo and OH dont get his motorbike by then.

Im thinking Maxcat drives a limo or summat :P

We can work things out closer to the time :D

Down South?
Looking at train tickets currently, if I buy them well, WELL in advance, it SHOULD only cost around £40-50...
But, That's 3 hrs each way of pure boredom... 3 Hours of time that could be spent with an ape.

I know it's miles away, but hell, it's worth an ask!
Anybody going to Vapefest 2014 from my neck of the woods? Don't mind helping out with the fuel costs either. I'd much rather be in a car with a fellow ape, than on a train where I can't even sit down, and arrive at vapefest crippled in agony.

(Then again, I should be able to get to brummy by around 8am... so even someone there!?)

Rags, assuming that the date that has been rumoured is correct, then trains are not actually on sale yet. Generally it is 3 months ahead of the date of travel that train companies release anything other than their "Standard" fares. For the best prices you will want to be checking around the beginning of June.

If you book online then you WILL get an allocated seat. If the train is packed, then get the train guard to shift people. I used to do a hell of a lot of train travel back in the day and don't think I have ever paid the standard fare if I knew when something was happening.

Assuming that the speculated dates are correct, then I will be attending. Just need to figure out whether to go down on the Friday and head back Sunday, or travel Saturday and back Monday. Only have one day of leave left to take so don't have the option of doing a 4 day trip.

Rags, assuming that the date that has been rumoured is correct, then trains are not actually on sale yet. Generally it is 3 months ahead of the date of travel that train companies release anything other than their "Standard" fares. For the best prices you will want to be checking around the beginning of June.

If you book online then you WILL get an allocated seat. If the train is packed, then get the train guard to shift people. I used to do a hell of a lot of train travel back in the day and don't think I have ever paid the standard fare if I knew when something was happening.

Assuming that the speculated dates are correct, then I will be attending. Just need to figure out whether to go down on the Friday and head back Sunday, or travel Saturday and back Monday. Only have one day of leave left to take so don't have the option of doing a 4 day trip.
Totally agree with early shopping around. Last year I booked early and got a £60 return ticket for £10! Bargain :)

Aaah i didnt know about the seat bit! I always go as far forward date wise as possible as that gives a better idea :) usually itd be 65 pounds each way, if i buy them in advancr, then its 25 each way :P

I won't no if I can make it, until something concrete comes up.
But if I can make it, I'll be running from Northampton with empty seats.

What we really need is confirmation of date and location, then we can ask KulrMeStoopid if we can start a lift sharing thread so that we can team people with potential sources of transport...

Patience my young Padawan. It hasn't all gone tits up yet, but if needs be epic stupidity will result...:imstupid

I promise that I will limit the car journey to using 0.8 ohms... Hahahaha :P
That way, you wont end up with your car in a hedge somewhere in france.
But, this could be one hell of a plan! Even if it's only one way, that would be turning up in style!

Back
Top Bottom