What's new

The great Bedfordshire vape meet! 8th December

Aye, wicked time at @OLD SMOKE VAPES store! Great to meet @Badboybez and @Banjostring - always good to put faces to names!!

Amazing juice line like @Purplefowler said, looking forward to sharing more about it when it's launched. We weren't expecting to be ambushed by a juice maker and when he gave us the initial patter about them I did say to Purps that we had heard it all before and was ready for some average juice. How wrong I was!! This lad has chased a dream in making these juices and as far as I can see he has done everything right, down to emissions testing and ingredients being as safe as they possibly can be and also his whole outlook on the reason why he is doing it. Not going to say more now but these are hopefully out in February and will be trying hard to get some to share :)

Stayed longer than I thought I would and didn't realise the car park me and Ment were in closed at 7. I got there just as the security guard was locking up at 7.30 or so. He did tut and moan and let me out so called Purplefowler to tell Ment to get a shift on and told the security guard there was one more person coming. I thought he would have let him out as well but sounds like he shut up and buggered off when I left, sounds like Ment's car was locked in... In hindsight I should have parked my car under the barrier until Ment arrived but didn't think the security guard would have locked the car in knowing the owner was on the way :( Hope you got home OK @Ment - if I thought you were going to be locked in I would have brought you back here. Buggers!! At least we know for next time what time the car park shuts...

So wish I was coming but can’t make it [emoji22]

Had some stuff come up at home so can’t make it now. I’m so sorry but having a special vape for you all. Hope you all have a great night.

I reckon there will be another as was not too far for most of us who turned up. Fingers crossed you will be able to make the next one!

Aye, wicked time at @OLD SMOKE VAPES store! Great to meet @Badboybez and @Banjostring - always good to put faces to names!!

Amazing juice line like @Purplefowler said, looking forward to sharing more about it when it's launched. We weren't expecting to be ambushed by a juice maker and when he gave us the initial patter about them I did say to Purps that we had heard it all before and was ready for some average juice. How wrong I was!! This lad has chased a dream in making these juices and as far as I can see he has done everything right, down to emissions testing and ingredients being as safe as they possibly can be and also his whole outlook on the reason why he is doing it. Not going to say more now but these are hopefully out in February and will be trying hard to get some to share :)

Stayed longer than I thought I would and didn't realise the car park me and Ment were in closed at 7. I got there just as the security guard was locking up at 7.30 or so. He did tut and moan and let me out so called Purplefowler to tell Ment to get a shift on and told the security guard there was one more person coming. I thought he would have let him out as well but sounds like he shut up and buggered off when I left, sounds like Ment's car was locked in... In hindsight I should have parked my car under the barrier until Ment arrived but didn't think the security guard would have locked the car in knowing the owner was on the way :( Hope you got home OK @Ment - if I thought you were going to be locked in I would have brought you back here. Buggers!! At least we know for next time what time the car park shuts...
It was my special treat to you all to have umit turn up and show his flavours. I know that he is passionate about searching for a real taste.

(Ment)After an hour of chasing for the security guard, ment sat in my car till the taxi came to take him home. Felt a bit guilty that I didn't know the car parking hours, so I did offer him money towards the cab home and he refused. But other then that it was lovely to meet you all and hope to see you all again soon.

What sort of car park closes at 7pm? I know it's the Outback compared to London, but still.

It's costing me £120 in cab fares as I'll need one to go back and get my car, but it hasn't put a damper on the day.

This is easily the best vape shop I've been to, is exactly how I've previously described my ideal vape shop, and the owner, Tim, and his staff are all top blokes, even though Tim wouldn't let me use the toilet at first because he thought I'd just walked in off the street.

As the others have mentioned, the juices we tried were great, clearly produced by someone thoughtful and passionate and I couldn't choose between them.

What sort of car park closes at 7pm? I know it's the Outback compared to London, but still.

It's costing me £120 in cab fares as I'll need one to go back and get my car, but it hasn't put a damper on the day.

This is easily the best vape shop I've been to, is exactly how I've previously described my ideal vape shop, and the owner, Tim, and his staff are all top blokes, even though Tim wouldn't let me use the toilet at first because he thought I'd just walked in off the street.

As the others have mentioned, the juices we tried were great, clearly produced by someone thoughtful and passionate and I couldn't choose between them.
It's a shame we just missed you @Ment, maybe next time? The venue was very, very nice but WTF with that carpark? [emoji33][emoji33]

We were lucky in that we found a spot in a road opposite the Supermarket. Poor Old Ment, what a PISSER!!! :(

@Ment @junglist @Rob @Purplefowler @Banjostring and anyone else that's interested.

Shame about the car park Ment, but I must admit it made me piss myself :rotflmao:
If we meet up there again you might be better off using the car park I did.
Only went in there because it was the only one I could find due to the temporary barriers for the market, and that was where my sat nav directed me, it took me about 15 mins with my buggered up legs to get to the venue, so should take any able bodied person about 5 mins..................
If I remember correctly it was in Hockliffe Street.
I bought a ticket at around 15:00 for £3 (you can pay less) but can't be any charges after 17:00 & Sundays, as my ticket says its still valid till 08:00 Monday.
Anyway as I said earlier it was a great day for me, especially as I cant get up, or down stairs at station platforms, so can hardly ever go to any vape events / meetings.

@Ment @junglist @Rob @Purplefowler @Banjostring and anyone else that's interested.

Shame about the car park Ment, but I must admit it made me piss myself :rotflmao:
If we meet up there again you might be better off using the car park I did.
Only went in there because it was the only one I could find due to the temporary barriers for the market, and that was where my sat nav directed me, it took me about 15 mins with my buggered up legs to get to the venue, so should take any able bodied person about 5 mins..................
If I remember correctly it was in Hockliffe Street.
I bought a ticket at around 15:00 for £3 (you can pay less) but can't be any charges after 17:00 & Sundays, as my ticket says its still valid till 08:00 Monday.
Anyway as I said earlier it was a great day for me, especially as I cant get up, or down stairs at station platforms, so can hardly ever go to any vape events / meetings.

Yeah, even I can see the funny side - as i stared at my car through the bars, willing a security guard to appear I had the thought that it was the sort of situation Rodney would find himself in in OFAH.

It was a shame I missed you and the other guys - maybe next time.

I actually have the same problem - arthritis started in my hip 6 months ago and it's getting worse by the day. A month ago I could have managed a 15 minute walk but not any more, and I can't go anywhere without the car.

Amazingly, I only got charged £3 for the 2 days - I was dreading an overnight charge of £50 or something.

Yeah, even I can see the funny side - as i stared at my car through the bars, willing a security guard to appear I had the thought that it was the sort of situation Rodney would find himself in in OFAH.

It was a shame I missed you and the other guys - maybe next time.

I actually have the same problem - arthritis started in my hip 6 months ago and it's getting worse by the day. A month ago I could have managed a 15 minute walk but not any more, and I can't go anywhere without the car.

Amazingly, I only got charged £3 for the 2 days - I was dreading an overnight charge of £50 or something.
That's cheap for secure parking [emoji16] Just a shame you got clobbered with cab fares though [emoji22]

Back
Top Bottom