What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Planning a Nottingham vape meet...

Nice one Dave, we are knackered between Chesterfield and Derby till at least September. Derby is having a complete rebuild. First time in 40 plus years.

Well aware of it as SWMBO travels for work quite a bit. Fortunately the routes that she uses have mainly been diverted away from Derby.

Train every half hour or so direct to Nottingham if you fancy attending. (Northern Leeds - Nottingham and EMT Liverpool -Norwich).

Thanks for the heads up on the trains for more comfort :)
If the 6 bed room is sorted by @tootingyoda I will go ahead and book.
Just checked again, and there's only one bed left in the dorm, so I'll skip that. I'll look again in earnest, once (if) I have permission.

Incidentally, being a noob to all this hotel malarkey. Is a twin room 2 separate single beds, or a double? Also, is the quote price per room or per person sharing the room?

Just checked again, and there's only one bed left in the dorm, so I'll skip that. I'll look again in earnest, once (if) I have permission.

Incidentally, being a noob to all this hotel malarkey. Is a twin room 2 separate single beds, or a double? Also, is the quote price per room or per person sharing the room?

Twin 2 singles. Price per room unless stated otherwise.

A twin room is two separate beds.
Depends on the booking site, the cost could be per person or per room but it should state it clearly.
Have a look on Trivargo or Kayak.

Well aware of it as SWMBO travels for work quite a bit. Fortunately the routes that she uses have mainly been diverted away from Derby.

Train every half hour or so direct to Nottingham if you fancy attending. (Northern Leeds - Nottingham and EMT Liverpool -Norwich).
Can't promise owt yet, know the Salutation, friends of mine were asked to be tenants by a brewery years ago, as the previous landlord did a runner with the takings. My mate used to open up the caves below and do tours for tourists. The caves below where housing for the poor in Edwardian times. The ladies of the night used to rest up there.

Well I am really looking forward to the Nottingham bash now.
The best thing about Vapefest was not the cheap stalls but the great banter in the POTV tent.

I'm sure you can stumble this far... ;)

View attachment 168441
Chris. Just had another look at the Travelodge central hotel. They do not have a carpark. You have to park in a public carpark down the road that charge you. (money/charges bother me) but don't like leaving my car in a public carpark where I cant see it. Recommend me something else Chris that is within walking distance (I'm talking close here, cos the wife just might come to this one and she cannot walk far due to the operation she had on her knee where a horse kicked her) I do not care if it is a dive, has long at it is close, has a carpark and no dead tramps on the landing. HELP CHRIS.

Well me and the better half are up for it just need to book some were for the night now :2thumbsup: its a 2 2-1/2 hour drive but sod it why not so that two for a piss up :)

Chris. Just had another look at the Travelodge central hotel. They do not have a carpark. You have to park in a public carpark down the road that charge you. (money/charges bother me) but don't like leaving my car in a public carpark where I cant see it. Recommend me something else Chris that is within walking distance (I'm talking close here, cos the wife just might come to this one and she cannot walk far due to the operation she had on her knee where a horse kicked her) I do not care if it is a dive, has long at it is close, has a carpark and no dead tramps on the landing. HELP CHRIS.

Not as close (about 5/10 mins walk, blue dot is the pub) but I THINK it has free on site parking...

I think I know where they want you to park at Travelodge, I wouldn't leave my car there! Also doing building work there at minute so not even sure if open fully.

IMG_20180807_175851.jpg

IMG_20180807_180428.jpg

4 minute walk, less than I thought!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom