What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Planning a Nottingham vape meet...

25th August. Decided. Done deal.

I'm at work that day, so I can go from work, home grab food and hit the pub.

Sounds good Martin. I'll be up for staying over in some digs rather than the camper

Sounds good Martin. I'll be up for staying over in some digs rather than the camper
I've just had a very quick look for rooms, and there was 1 going for £23. It's a 6 room dorm though (bunk beds), very reasonable, but only if I know the other 5 peeps (or Swedish nymphos). Tempted to book, but I haven't gotten permission from SWMBO yet either.

I've just had a very quick look for rooms, and there was 1 going for £23. It's a 6 room dorm though (bunk beds), very reasonable, but only if I know the other 5 peeps (or Swedish nymphos). Tempted to book, but I haven't gotten permission from SWMBO yet either.
Check AirBnB dude, better than a hostel atleast.
Screenshot_20180807-153627.jpeg

And it's the road right next door to the pub [emoji23]

If you book it, count me in for one of the bunk beds ( bottom one for two reasons A ) I can't do ladders and B ) Pity the poor sod below if I land on him :(
Let me know if you book the room and I will book coach tickets down :)

If you book it, count me in for one of the bunk beds ( bottom one for two reasons A ) I can't do ladders and B ) Pity the poor sod below if I land on him :(
Let me know if you book the room and I will book coach tickets down :)

Trains can be had pretty cheap, provided that you catch specific ones. It is direct and generally offers a better comfort level for anyone with mobility issues.

IMG_0426.jpg

IMG_0427.jpg

Thanks for the heads up on the trains for more comfort :)
If the 6 bed room is sorted by @tootingyoda I will go ahead and book.
Just a warning on trains Derby is being dug up, new tracks etc, it may mean get off at Chesterfield and then coach service to Derby, then back on train. Check with BR as its going on for ages. Cheers Jon
You may be lucky as Leeds could reroute to avoud Derby altogether.

Just a warning on trains Derby is being dug up, new tracks etc, it may mean get off at Chesterfield and then coach service to Derby, then back on train. Check with BR as its going on for ages. Cheers Jon
You may be lucky as Leeds could reroute to avoud Derby altogether.

Leeds to Nottingham is unaffected AFAIK. Goes via Chesterfield/Sheffield then Nottingham.

Leeds to Nottingham is unaffected AFAIK. Goes via Chesterfield/Sheffield then Nottingham.
Nice one Dave, we are knackered between Chesterfield and Derby till at least September. Derby is having a complete rebuild. First time in 40 plus years.

Back
Top Bottom