POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register

Dalston Vet reports dog death caused by e-cig

Discussion in 'Cumbria' started by Chegs, May 7, 2014.

  1. Chegs

    Chegs Veteran

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2013
    Messages:
    5,923
    Likes Received:
    1,000
    Just seen this on local news, apparently the poor animal was brought in to the vet hospital last night with dilated pupils as well as other symptoms. The report went on to explain how it was an e-cig that caused the death when it was actually the bottle of eliquid the moronic owner had left where the dog could chew it. Then we got all the usual garbage about unregulated products, juices upto 30mg strength containing chemicals and how bottles didn't always carry clear warnings(type to small)I am getting heartily sick of screaming at my fecking TV that these incidents are going to occur even if the fecking warnings are in 10 foot high letters as dogs don't know how to read, and brain dead owners are stupid enough to leave bottles of liquid where pets/children can get them whether they contain 1kg or 20mgs of nicotine. The law just cannot fix stupid.

    Sent from my SM-T210 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app
     
  2. TMBNotes
  3. Danny K

    Danny K Achiever

    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2014
    Messages:
    2,360
    Likes Received:
    388
    Has it been officially confirmed as the cause ?
    Dogs are pretty incredible things and most can take poisons a lot better than us.


    Sent from my GT-N7105 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app
     
  4. Maxcat

    Maxcat Achiever

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2013
    Messages:
    1,863
    Likes Received:
    470
    Looks like it :(

    Advice about e-cigarettes and pets | Border - ITV News
     
  5. We Vape
  6. Miss Pepper

    Miss Pepper Super Moderator Staff Member

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2013
    Messages:
    17,931
    Likes Received:
    8,701
    Feel for the poor dog :(
     
  7. Purplefowler

    Purplefowler Administrator Staff Member

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2012
    Messages:
    17,449
    Likes Received:
    8,328
    And how many dogs have died or been made seriously ill by their owners leaving high quality chocolate around?
     
  8. Chegs

    Chegs Veteran

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2013
    Messages:
    5,923
    Likes Received:
    1,000

    I posted this comment before,apparently nobody has yet died as a result of an e-cig fire yet 3 people have died from using Wheat Bags(you heat them in a microwave to use in bed,like a dry version of hot water bottles)The media has jumped all over e-cig fires but I've only seen one tiny piece in a local paper about wheat bags.

    Plenty of dogs will have died from consuming garden pest control chemicals,chocolate etc but they aren't media-worthy.Two UK dogs die caused by moronic owners that expect their pets to be able to read the labels on the juice bottles and the media are on it like flies to a steaming turd.

    This is why I try to avoid watching TV,it does my health absolutely no good screaming insults at the screen.My neighbours are convinced I'm certifiable and occasionally ask the GF if she's okay,then chuckle when it's explained that I'm losing the plot at the fucking TV.
     
    • Like Like x 1

Share This Page